Telephone Reminders 4.0.3 Adds 3 New Functions

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks, frontline. With a healthy dose of egg on face, let me apologize for screwing everything up with this one. I didn't appreciate that untarring a tar ball replaced all the permissions on ALL the directories in the tar ball. What a nice mess!! We will have a fix in a few minutes, but the affected directories include the following:

/tmp
/usr
/usr/local
/usr/local/bin
/var
/var/lib
/var/lib/asterisk
/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/tts
/var/spool
/var/spool/asterisk
/var/spool/asterisk/recurring
/var/spool/asterisk/reminders
/var/www
/var/www/html
/var/www/html/reminders

So hang in there for a bit, and we'll have a patch to put Humpty back together again. :dupe: DUPE=DOPE in this case. This should resolve the /tmp quirk, the tts quirk, and the FreePBX quirk hopefully.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
OK. My apologies!!! Log into your server as root and issue the following to fix all the permissions this screwed up:
Code:
cd /root
wget http://pbxinaflash.net/scripts/fixperm.sh
chmod +x fixperm.sh
./fixperm.sh
amportal restart
ln -s /opt/swift/bin/swift /usr/bin/swift
This does, in fact, resolve the problem with FreePBX not reloading as well as the /tmp and tts permisions issues. Eeeeeeeeeek! :cuss:

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
[edit] Reading the update at the top of the thread answered my question. Thanks Ward!

Ward, are new reminder installs susceptible and require the fixperm script?

Jeff

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
I'm having some of the issues others are having with a new (post-fix) install. This install only uses SIP phones (no analog phones). If i'm not quick enough with the responses, I get hungup on. The digit and response timeouts are present, and this occurs up and down the reminder chain in extensions_custom.conf.

This seems to occur immediately after processing Allison's prompts- example: Background(1-for-am-2-for-pm). At that point I get hung up on immediately, so if I listen to the end of Allison's prompt, it's too late. And again, this will happen at any point during the reminder process- AM/PM, extension confirmation, date/time confirmation, etc. The only way to push a reminder through is to be quick, and not wait for the end of Allison's instructions.

Watching the console, the common factor when getting thrown off is this:

-- Executing [s@reminder5:3] BackGround("SIP/105-08ac9ae0", "1-for-am-2-for-pm") in new stack
-- <SIP/105-08ac9ae0> Playing '1-for-am-2-for-pm' (language 'en')
== Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/105-08ac63d8' status is 'UNKNOWN'

Which then leads to sending it to the bottom of the app it is currently processing (reminders1, reminders2, etc) which is: exten => h,1,Hangup

The above happens to be at the AM/PM prompt, but can occur anywhere Allison plays her instructions. The asterisk version on this machine is 1.4.18.

foneman

Guru
Reaction score
Yup

*** UPDATE ***
I just received the call that was scheduled for 1200 and it worked like a charm. I did not receive the other call that got cut off.

I have the same. I just installed and I noticed something different on 2 calls I have scheduled.
1. I setup a reminder with a date of today and time of 1200. I did not get the prompt for am and pm and the scripts seemed to run fine all the way through to the end with what type of reminder etc...no real time out issues.
2. I setup a reminder with a date of today and the time of 1155 (which was greater than 5 min into the future) and I was then prompted for am/pm but was instantly cut off so maybe an issue with the times being before 1200???
Just a thought.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Hi Guys I have rolled Ward's fixes into the update-fixes #127 so you can install things as you want and simply run this after each of Ward's Goodies. I have tested this with most of his stuff.

Tom

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
New downloads have the fix incorporated so there won't be any repeats... at least of this problem. Still looking at the AM-PM issue. Did you already try the proposed fix earlier in this thread??

foneman

Guru
Reaction score
I did as you had asked and it was after the 10 am time when I downloaded the new install. Like I stated, the calls scheduled for after 1200 hrs seemed to work like a charm, it was just the ones before that.

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
Ward, I may have a different issue than what others are experiencing, but asterisk (1.4.18 in this case) was hanging up after running out of priorities. This was happening at every point where the s priority was left waiting for a digit response, if I let Allison finish the call was dumped (== Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/105-08c117d0' status is 'UNKNOWN'). What has solved it for me was to add:

exten => s,n,WaitExten()

at the end of the 's' priority IF it ended in a Background command, all along the reminder app chain in extensions_custom.conf. Replacing the n with the proper digit. For example:

[reminder]
exten => s,1,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=7)
exten => s,2,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)
exten => s,3,Playback(custom/reminder1)
exten => s,4,Wait(2)
exten => s,5,Set(TMPMSG=${CUT(UNIQUEID,.,-1)}${CUT(UNIQUEID,.,2-)})
exten => s,6,Record(custom/${TMPMSG}:gsm)
exten => s,7,Wait(1)
exten => s,8,Playback(custom/${TMPMSG})
exten => s,9,Wait(1)
exten => s,10,Background(vm-review)
exten => s,11,WaitExten()
exten => 1,1,Goto(reminder7,s,1)
exten => 2,1,Goto(s,8)
exten => 3,1,Goto(s,3)
exten => t,1,Goto(s,10)
exten => i,1,Playback(goodbye)
exten => i,2,Hangup
exten => h,1,Hangup

I also added it to the [reminder3], [reminder5], [reminder6], and [reminder8] apps.

foneman

Guru
Reaction score
Bingo

:cheers2:
Here's to you! That did it! I can now let Allison tell me all the options and I can wait to press. I don't have to be a quick draw McGraw and dial the buttons quickly.
Thanks so much for the resolution so far.

frontline

Reaction score
That fixed it for me. That's a relief.. I can only guess how you came up with that. Thanks for the effort.

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
I'm glad it's working for you too. I just found this gem on voip-info.org's wiki. Apparently 1.4 behaves this way by default and explains both of our troubles.

The autofallthrough setting introduced in Asterisk 1.2 now defaults to 'yes' in Asterisk 1.4; if your dialplan relies on the ability to 'run off the end' of an extension and wait for a new extension without using WaitExten() to accomplish that, you will need set autofallthrough to 'no' in your extensions.conf file. If you want to set autofallthrough to 'no', you must go through your dialplan and added WaitExten() at every place where execute would run off the end of an extension and wait for another one to be dialed.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks for the HUGE tip. Nothing like great documentation, is there? :banghead:

I'll rework these... soon.

foneman

Guru
Reaction score
Me too...sorry Ward, but sometimes, you just have to laugh.

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the HUGE tip. Nothing like great documentation, is there? :banghead:

I'll rework these... soon.

Before you do any re-work, are you brave enough to peek at the changes 1.6 will bring :crazy:?!? Assuming there is anyplace to view them......

Also I think there was a misstatement on the voip-info page I quoted from above.
...If you want to set autofallthrough to 'no', you must go through your dialplan and added WaitExten() at every place where execute would run off the end of an extension and wait for another one to be dialed.
I think what the author meant to say is if you don't want to set autofallthrough to no in 1.4, use the WaitExten() calls. It doesn't make sense to me otherwise, but i've been known to be kinda thick sometimes.

frontline

Reaction score
Howt delete recurring reminders

In a situation where several extension/users have access to the reminder system how does each user remove or change a recurring reminder they have setup. I have re-read the original introduction to reminders on the Best-of and realize I have missed how that could be done. I do see the discussion of files and can see that an administrator could track through the innards by logging into a shell and delete files. Is there a better way?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.