Telemarketer Torture....

james

Guru
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!ONE!!
This is a personal project/toy and is not endorsed or supported by me or the company I work for. This is being produced as "Alpha Code" and should be taken with a grain of salt and should not be used on a production server without extensive lab testing. No squirrels were harmed in the creation of this module.....
End Disclaimer....

Some of you may be aware of the Telemarketer Torture dial plan for Asterisk. I ported it in to a FreePBX module people can play with:

Module: http://digg.com/linux_unix/New_Telemarketer_Torture_for_FreePBX
Original: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+AEL+Telemarketer+Torture

mruge

Guru
Reaction score
Any way you could post a non digg link as that site is blocked by our firewall here at work?

Michael

drsatch

Reaction score

drsatch

Reaction score
Yes this links to a FreePBX module that includes the sounds and "The Scripts" :crazy:

I was referring to my post. Your script works good. Just thought it would be cool to have Allison do the talking. I did these a couple months back and thought I'd share the Allison sound files for people to choose. I wasn't going to repackage with your work...that's just not right.

james

Guru
Reaction score
I am still working it out in my head but I may be able to make different sounds based on a drop down... again this is a personal project so it is done at night in my secret layer... I may give it a look for 0.0.3 I just submitted 0.0.2 to FreePBX

james

Guru
Reaction score
In module admin their is a link to upload module. Run that link then go to local module admin and choose install. You will then see a destination in places like inbound routes, IVR, etc...

james

Guru
Reaction score
And now in the FreePBX SVN under contributed_modules
svn.freepbx.org

ally6285

Reaction score
Several things need to be added to the /var/www/html/admin/modules/teletorture/functions.inc.php file.

If you add the options to extensions_additional.conf. it will just be rewritten later by free pbx. App pollster is not in the php file nor is the telemarket-research link to the file to play the audio file yet the files are included. Here are the changes to make option 3 and 4 work.

//app-telemarket-pollster
$ext->add('app-telemarket-pollster', 's', 'begin', new ext_background('telemark-poll-intro'));
$ext->add('app-telemarket-pollster', 't', '', new ext_goto('begin','s','app-telemarket'));
$ext->add('app-telemarket-pollster', 'i', '', new ext_goto('begin','s','app-telemarket'));
$ext->add('app-telemarket-pollster', 'o', '', new ext_goto('begin','s','app-telemarket'));
//app-telemarket-research
$ext->add('app-telemarket-research', 's', 'begin', new ext_background('telemark-research-intro'));
$ext->add('app-telemarket-research', 't', '', new ext_goto('begin','s','app-telemarket'));
$ext->add('app-telemarket-research', 'i', '', new ext_goto('begin','s','app-telemarket'));
$ext->add('app-telemarket-research', 'o', '', new ext_goto('begin','s','app-telemarket'));

hi-tech

Reaction score
This is cool, but have you noticed any telemarketer that actually stays on the line? I doubt they will sit there and punch menu choices. They will just hang up and move on to the next call.

I have a quick dummy ring group that I transfer telemarketers too...with a "do not call" message. Some of them don't even wait for me to complete the transfer!

I started blind transferring them now as its faster (doesnt put em on hold), and add their caller ID to to my "dummy - do not call route" so it answers right away and play the message if they do call again.

james

Guru
Reaction score
This is more for fun and personal amusement. I would say there are over 400 installs of this module and for the most part I imagine more friends, family and co-workers have been dumped to it than actual telemarketers. Its just kinda cool...

hi-tech

Reaction score
Yea your right. I plan to dump some annoying "friends" into it myself, it is kinda cool.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
Ok - where is it?

And now in the FreePBX SVN under contributed_modules
svn.freepbx.org

I cant find this FreePBX SVN, and the available modules. I'm sure I'm just being dumb, but where the heck it is?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.