t*f*t*p w/ Cisco IP Communicator 7.0.3 and above

Digby Dude

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been searching for a couple of months to no avail and I was wondering if anyone here could assist....

I have a small office with a PIAF system with a bunch of Cisco 7940s and 7960s all working fine with no problem.

I now need to give the staff a soft phone so they can use it when traveling and I thought of the Cisco IP communicator as it looks the same as their desk phone.

I first tried version 7.0.2, but it has issues with the audio devices in windows 7. Then i tried 7.0.3 which seems to work better with win 7 but it now seems broken with respect to t*f*t*p.

7.0.4 and 7.05 and now the 8.06 version continue to have the same issue that for the life of me I cannot get around....

The PIAF server in the /var/log/messages file always starts with these errors

Jun 13 12:45:00 mad-pbx in.tftpd[18870]: sending NAK (4, Missing mode) to 10.3.20.113

It appears that the CIPC is not sending correctly formed t*f*t*p requests to the PIAF server...

I then ran Wireshark on the client PC and again, it states that the t*f*t*p messages are malformed....

I am so surprised that this issue has not been seen by anyone else.....

I have tried different t*f*t*p servers and installed the CIPC on different client PCs and always the same.....

Of course, without t*f*t*p working, I can never get the CIPC to register with SIP...

As I mentioned, this part worked with CIPC 7.0.2 and yes I have installed the CIPC with flags required for SIP installs...

Thanks for any help what so ever, this is driving me crazy...

Kind regards,

Adam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.