FOOD FOR THOUGHT SWITCH IN A FLASH ALPHA AVAILABLE

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
wierd we are in the midst of major upgrades so anything is possible. I will get to it as soon as I have a chance. I dont remember releasing that message out there. Perhaps you could capture the screen and post it so I can see where it is coming from.

Tom

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
screen capture coming up. this is just after confirming latest payloads and you choose what you want to install, piaf etc, you choose freeswitch and it says this:siaferror.GIF

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
you are using the alpha version not sure how you even gained access to this as it is not ready for prime time. You will have to wait until the beta release is ready in the interim I will look at WHY that file is available to non developers. Sorry about that.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Hi Darmock, thank you for replying, will wait for the beta

esoare

Reaction score
darmock,

I just received and email from Captain Crunch. With a New V3. Iso. Not sure if you want to take a look at that.

https://2600hz.atlassian.net/wiki/display/docs/Kazoo+Single+Server+Install

Is the Wiki.

Here is the email (I think it's ok to post, the admin can remove if needed I guess)

Code:
Kazoo v3 from 2600hz

A Very v3 February

From KazooCon to IRC to our mailing lists, we've had a lot of fun getting to know many of you and a lot of fun building Kazoo. We've been pleasantly and continually surprised by the strength of our community; we appreciate everyone’s continued efforts to make this product better.

To start the new year off right, we've got one more present leftover from the holidays. As you may have heard, we've been crazy busy building the third version of our software. Kazoo started out as an attempt to build a better communications system and, over time, it has become one of the best available.

Today, we are pleased to announce a streamlined installation experience with the launch of the Kazoo v3 ISO and the Kazoo v3 installation tool!

We hope this allows some of you still running v2 to see all of the awesome benefits of v3. We're happy to announce further improvements in our latest version. Most notably v3 includes:
One command installation (and single server support!)
The Most stable and Secure Kazoo so far
Simply Massive Performance Improvements
Much, Much more!...
This release represents the largest platform performance improvement yet and includes a ton of new technology. We think you'll absolutely love it!

To Use the new ISO

While a wiki page for the ISO is still pending, installation should be self-explanatory. Just mount the ISO and boot, following any on-screen instructions. You must still apply IPTables yourself to secure the system, so please tread carefully as we work out some of the kinks on this ISO. For now, it’s awesome for development, but not quite recommended for production.

http://repo.2600hz.com/ISOs/

To Use the All-in-One Installers Script

Please head on over to https://2600hz.atlassian.net/wiki/display/docs/Kazoo+Single+Server+Install which has detailed instructions on how to use the shell script to perform a single-server installation.

We hope you enjoy using these two new additions to the 2600hz Kazoo toolset and we hope you’ll consider providing feedback and contributions to the project to keep things rolling!

Cheers,
The 2600hz Team

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I downloaded the iso and installed on esxi, all went fine, I can access the gui but haven't figured out yet how to login as admin.

gary.

esoare

Reaction score
ou812!! / gary

Please NOTE:

The ISO in my message is not anything to do with PIAF or SIAF! It is a different project altogether!!

If you have that setup, please go to the WIKI in my message, and / or join the #2600hz channel on the freenode irc server for support / questions. There is also a google users group for them.

I just wanted to clarify that. Sorry to confuse anyone!!
esoare

wa4zlw

Reaction score
Any news on where SIAF stands and whats going to and is implemented?

THanks leon

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score

wa4zlw

Reaction score
HI folks....has any progress been made on SIAF? What is the current status?

Thanks leon

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
No Progress. Still thinking about what to do

Tom

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
hi,

is there any news on this front, willing to test if needed.

billsimon

Reaction score
Some thoughts on SIAF:

One need that SIAF could meet, and meet well, would be the area of multi-tenant. There have been many attempts at rigging FreePBX and Asterisk to do multi-tenant but none of the solutions are as clean as what you can do with domain-based SIP multi-tenancy in FreeSWITCH and FusionPBX.

SIAF could really be focused on the "switch" part, as in not necessarily the kitchen-sink PBX with every feature out there, but rock-solid VoIP switching for a hosting or multi-company environment.

I have worked a lot with FreeSWITCH and a little with FusionPBX. I believe FS is the right engine for this kind of work and FusionPBX is the best of the web configuration GUIs out there right now.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Freeswitch guis found so far:

Freepypbx
Gemeinschaft 5.1
Fusionpbx
Blue.box
Kazoo
ICTFax

has anyone got freepypbx to build?

billsimon

Reaction score
Just wanted to report back a little on FreeSWITCH and FusionPBX. The latest version of FusionPBX (3.6) on top of Debian is working very nicely. It's even easier now with packaged installation of FreeSWITCH using the apt-get system. I built two systems for a small company that has been launching FreePBX VMs for each of their clients; now they're planning to use the domain-based multi-tenant capability that is very easy to set up in Fusion.

Launching a system is easy but there are some gotchas. Phone provisioning is built-in to the product but you have to manually add Apache or Nginx rewrite rules to accommodate different vendors' provisioning URL styles. (Fusion offers HTTP/HTTPS provisioning out-of-the-box. t*f*t*p is a little more work.) Understanding the FreesSWITCH way of doing things takes some adjustment when you've been in Asterisk land a long time. Once you get it, it almost seems obvious, and the work that FusionPBX does to configure FreeSWITCH is very readable if you dig into the configs (a difference from FreePBX & Asterisk, in my opinion).

FusionPBX has a group of users who are currently working to rewrite the documentation. Frankly, it's a mess and I think this has scared some people off. It's getting better, so stay tuned.

The biggest thing missing from FusionPBX is a decent-sized user base. My opinion is that the product is "there" but needs the support and additional bug testing and real-world usage to make it a production-quality competitor to FreePBX. I suspect the developers would disagree but that's my assessment.

The GUIs mentioned above for FreeSWITCH are stale or far behind where FusionPBX is today, except for Kazoo which is really a different kind of system.

If anyone is interested in discussing Fusion further, let's continue the thread. Why is this relevant to PIAF/SIAF? Like I said above, I think Fusion is the answer to the multi-tenant problem that PIAF/FreePBX has. It's a totally different animal, but the PIAF team has not been afraid to add other platforms like Yate and FreeSWITCH to the suite to meet a need.

gpuser

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in discussing Fusion further, let's continue the thread.

Thanks for the excellent write-up. Yes, I am very much interested to see FusionPBX becoming mainstream. I am currently running three systems with Fusion.
  1. Fusion 3.4 VM on an intel P4 machine used as a backup gateway for my main PIAF server.
  2. Fusion 3.4 on cubox i4 pro running debian.
  3. Fusion 3.6 on Ras Pi mod B running raspbian wheezy.
It appears that versions higher than 3.4 has stability issues, so I am trying a few different things to see if I can work around them.

Fusion automatically opens ports 5060 and 5080 on your router firewall through uPnP, so better disable uPnP in the router.

CIDLookup code needs a bit touch up. It is ok if you have your contact list filled in exactly as per the CID. This is a problem when you use different providers for incoming and if they use different CID standards. I tweaked the sql code a bit to get around this.

cidlookup.conf.xml original code:
HTML:
<param name="sql" value="
SELECT v_contacts.contact_name_given || ' ' || v_contacts.contact_name_family ||' ('||v_contact_phones.phone_type||')' AS name, v_contact_phones.phone_number AS number
FROM v_contacts, v_contact_phones
WHERE v_contact_phones.contact_uuid = v_contacts.contact_uuid AND v_contact_phones.phone_number = '${caller_id_number}'
LIMIT 1
      "/>
I modified this to
HTML:
<param name="sql" value="
SELECT v_contacts.contact_name_given || ' ' || v_contacts.contact_name_family ||' ('||v_contact_phones.phone_type||')' AS name, v_contact_phones.phone_number AS number
FROM v_contacts, v_contact_phones
WHERE v_contact_phones.contact_uuid = v_contacts.contact_uuid AND v_contact_phones.phone_number LIKE '%'||'${caller_id_number}'
LIMIT 1
      "/>

Then incoming dial plan would have something like:

condition caller_id_number ^(?:\+|0|00)?(\d+)$
action cidlookup $1

Doing this will enable you to use full international format (00+country code+national number) in your contact list.

Another useful tweak is to include continue_on_fail=true in the outbound dial plan just before the bridge and then run email.lua after the bridge so that the system emails you if the call fails at the first gateway and dial plan continues to the next expensive gateway.

kenn10

Reaction score
In view of current developments with FreeSwitch and FusionPBX, I thought I'd bump this to the top again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.