FOOD FOR THOUGHT SWITCH IN A FLASH ALPHA AVAILABLE

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Holy crap! I wish I had known you guys were working on this :-/

If there is interest in updating and reviving blue.box I am all-in but thus far nobody had volunteered. Want us to update the FS version and fix Gtalk integration?
Question is there an easy way to pull the BlueBox version out of it when it is installed? Currently in freepbx we pull the info out of a xml file?

Tom

rastasean

Reaction score
Really great news to hear this is available.

Any working alpha or otherwise available for the raspberry pi?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
The short answer is no. I don't believe anything will be ported over until we have a working *STABLE* solution for SIAF under centos on regular hardware or virtual machine. You will have to ask the Rpi gods what their plans are however as, generally, I only do the Centos real/virtual installs and Ward is the guru on the Rpi.

I understand that freeswitch works OK on Rpi however

Tom

rastasean

Reaction score
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply! It only make sense to have a stable build working on x86 arch before opening a new can of worms for arm processor work. I'll closely watch this project improve and become stable, that's exciting!

Best,
Sean

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I have the Blue Box version running and have the same out going problems as others, in a week I will have some time to start diving in, BUT is it worth it, because it sound like FusionPBX in the SIAF will be a better alternative and it sounds like it maybe just around the corner.

gary.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Fusion is a different kettle of fish as they are using some bleeding edge stuff such as php etc.... Quite a bit of upgrading for centos however it appears to be worth it. As for around the corner..... Real Soon Now.... RSN

Tom

gpuser

Reaction score
because it sound like FusionPBX in the SIAF will be a better alternative and it sounds like it maybe just around the corner.
gary.

Me too prefer FusionPBX to BlueBox. I've found that FreeSwitch is very temperamental and it is very easy to upset it compared to Asterisk. Even a slight mistake in the dialplan can bring FreeSwitch to its knees.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Well we have not forgotten the purpose built versions of freeswitch without the GUI that do one or two things well. Such as Skype or GV... course we all know where that is going. Me I am more interested in getting a freeswitch appliance designed for ZRTP 8^) Give our old buddies who listen to everything some difficulties with audio.....

Tom

visionlogic

Guru? Nope
Reaction score
Me I am more interested in getting a freeswitch appliance designed for ZRTP 8^) Give our old buddies who listen to everything some difficulties with audio.....

And there are more potential "buddies" out there than most of us can imagine, using tools such as CEREBRO from Advanced Middle East Systems in Dubai.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Actually encryption is more of an illegal thing and zrtp would qualify for that. Some places still put people to death for things like that.

http://www.cryptolaw.org/

Of course in the good old USA it is only a matter of time before there are restrictions on how strong encryption can be will be implemented. I seem to remember in Britain there is a law there that if you can't remember you key you could be thrown in jail.... Not sure if it was ever passed..

Tom

nightstryke

Reaction score
Isn't the encryption limited to 256-bit for Civilians and for Businesses/Corporations can use up to 512-bit, but anything over that is illegal in the United States at least that's what I had heard.

Though this is strictly talking about encryption.

visionlogic

Guru? Nope
Reaction score
Legal / illegal / extralegal... means a lot to those who fear the consequences of non-compliance. Means little to nothing to those, officially governmental or otherwise, who control and/or heavily influence the application of those consequences.

Joe Mauk

Reaction score
I just finished installing SIAF today. What a great improvement over the manual install process.

I found I had to make the following changes to the bluebox configuration:

1. Change database host to "localhost"
2. Change database user name to "root"

I'd like to see bluebox support TDM (as in FreeTDM) configuration, or if that is not possible, a SIAF relase that has FusionPBX.

esoare

Reaction score
Would SIAF allow for it to be an onsite backup to bluebox/kazoo cluster?

What I envisioned when I first saw SIAF is below. Certainly, not the only thing it could do. But it would be super interesting. Hit dschreiber up for his thoughts. If you can't reach him. Let me know. I know what channel he lives on. :)

i/e: The kazoo cluster is hosted and all the phones register to or through the SIAF box onsite, at a customer location, the SIAF sends all traffic through to the Cluster, but when the WAN goes down, it takes care of the phones that are already registered, through, or to it. SIAF could have a local gateway to the PSTN for failover as well.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Hi,

SIAF no longer seems to want to install from the 2.0.6.5.0 i386 iso, it's tells me the iso is not genuine, though PIAF and YIAF install without issue from same iso.

Is there a new version I can test?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.