Strange Grandstream GXP2000 Behavior

JamesP

Reaction score
All, the issue I mentioned in my other thread about the Skyetel endpoints and my calls not going through has been resolved. I used an 11-digit phone number in my Inbound Route instead of a 10-digit number. But I can't figure out how to delete the thread. My apologies.

I have my Grandstream GXP2000 phone connected up successfully to an extension in my Incredible PBX. Outbound calls work just fine. Inbound calls to my DID ring the phone just fine on Line 1 which I would expect. But when I pick up the handset, a very strange thing happens immediately.

The call on Line 1 is disconnected, and then Line 2 starts ringing instantaneously. When I pick up Line 2, I get a fast busy signal on the Grandstream phone, and then on my cell phone I used to originate the call, I get an "All Circuits Are Busy" recording from Verizon!

Thanks community! Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20190109_102617.jpg
    IMG_20190109_102617.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 4

JamesP

Reaction score
Hello, well, this issue was related to the Audio Codecs used for the extension I had setup. In the Asterisk SIP Settings (Settings --> Asterisk SIP Settings) there's a spot where you can designate the audio codecs to use. I had to make sure to select one's compatible with the Grandstream GXP2000. It supports about four or five Codecs. Making sure I had the right one's selected solved the strange issue of the line automatically changing / disconnecting in the original post. Incidentally, some Codecs seem to work better than others. So I had to make sure to solve the problem I was describing in the original post, ~AND~ make sure I was using Codecs that produced good quality audio.

If I knew how to mark this thread as solved, I would. My bad.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.