TIPS SSH glitch on Pogoplug V4 A1 01 (and Dockstar); ARI/User Panel glitch fixed

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I've installed the Pogoplug.img file on two separate devices -- Dockstar and Pogoplug Mobile/Backup and Sharing model -- and see the following two issues on both devices.

When I initially saw these issues on the Dockstar I chalked them up to fallout from my clumsily replacing 3.2.0-kirkwood-era files in its root-level, boot and /lib/module directories with 3.14.0-kirkwood files. But yesterday I fired up the brand-new, just-delivered Pogoplug V4 A1 01 with the pogo image on a fresh class-10 SD card and I see exactly the same problems.

Issue 1: SSH Server (and SFTP access): although I can access the Pogo (and Dockstar) via Putty just fine, and the Status Screen is "all green" (including Samba, which I just activated)...

Capture1.JPG

... when I bring up the FreePBX System Status page Server Status/SSH Server has a yellow "warn" and mouseover states "SSH Server is not running, you will not be able to connect to the system console remotely."

Capture2.JPG

Curious, and possibly a lie (or perhaps I just don't correctly understand the warning) because Putty works fine.

But, possibly related: I have always -- for years now -- used WinSCP (an SSH/SFTP client) to connect to any PIAF boxrunning on my network, including all previous variants of my Dockstar. WinSCP can't get in to the Pogoplug. It sees it, I authenticate just fine, it says "starting the session..." and then it times out and can't connect. Rather a pain because WinSCP is such a great utility for accessing/changing PIAF box files and this is the first and only time this has happened.. Otherwise I have to halt the Pogo, eject its SD card, and install it in another machine to read/write.

Is SFTP not running on the Pogo or is there anything else to look at/correct that anyone can suggest?

Issue 2: ARI Issue [FIXED]: If I click the "User Panel" button at the top of the FreePBX System Status screen (directing me to http://192.168.2.XXX/recordings/) on a fresh pogoplug.img install (whether on the Pogo or the Dockstar) I get an ARI error:

Capture3.JPG

Perhaps this is by design and I have just missed the discussion in the Pogo-IPBX thread or elsewhere.

In any event, I Googled the issue and came up with some old threads relating to this error message, including some from this forum back in '07 :

Nothing much current, however.

Checking on the applicability of one suggestion, my /etc/hosts file looks like this:

127.0.0.1pogoplug.incrediblepbx.com localhost
::1pogoplug.incrediblepbx.com localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0ip6-localnet
ff00::0ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1ip6-allnodes
ff02::2ip6-allrouters
That seems compliant with jroper's advice in the above thread (have both localhost and 127.0.0.1 in the hosts file), but the problem persists.

The "main.conf.php" file in /var/www/html/recordings/includes contains this entry:
# Host for Asterisk Manager Interface
#
$ASTERISKMGR_DBHOST = "localhost";

My /etc/asterisk/manager.conf file looks like this:

[general]
enabled = yes
port = 5038
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
displayconnects=no ;only effects 1.6+
[admin]
secret = amp111
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate
writetimeout = 5000

So, enabled=yes, and permit=127.0.0.1, as required by the warning language.

Trying one of the other suggestions in the thread above, I ultimately I saved a copy of the original main.conf.php file called main.conf.php.orig, and then edited main.conf.php so as to change every instance of "localhost" to "127.0.0.1". On restart I am again able to click the "User Panel" button at the top of the FreePBX System Status screen and access the VM page.

Bob Helbush

Reaction score
I have the series four PogoPlug. I get the SSH yellow/warning box too, but everything seems to work OK including WinSCP. I just logged in with it and saw the directory trees.​

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Hi, Bob Helbush, thanks for the confirmation. Interesting that WinSCP is working for you. I will poke around trying it from different WinBoxes to see if that matters. It has never not worked for me before. As noted above, I have a work-around, but it is far less convenient. Samba is up; maybe I should go learn how to use it (never have before).

Hi, lgaetz:
Yes, from the bash command line on the pogo v4 A1 01 I can ping localhost:

Always run Incredible PBX behind a hardware-based firewall.
root@pogoplug:~# ping localhost
PING pogoplug.incrediblepbx.com (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from pogoplug.incrediblepbx.com (127.0.0.1): icmp_req=1 ttl=64 time=0.221 ms
64 bytes from pogoplug.incrediblepbx.com (127.0.0.1): icmp_req=2 ttl=64 time=0.158 ms
64 bytes from pogoplug.incrediblepbx.com (127.0.0.1): icmp_req=3 ttl=64 time=0.162 ms
64 bytes from pogoplug.incrediblepbx.com (127.0.0.1): icmp_req=4 ttl=64 time=0.156 ms
64 bytes from pogoplug.incrediblepbx.com (127.0.0.1): icmp_req=5 ttl=64 time=0.160 ms
64 bytes from pogoplug.incrediblepbx.com (127.0.0.1): icmp_req=6 ttl=64 time=0.147 ms
64 bytes from pogoplug.incrediblepbx.com (127.0.0.1): icmp_req=7 ttl=64 time=0.158 ms
^C
--- pogoplug.incrediblepbx.com ping statistics ---
7 packets transmitted, 7 received, 0% packet loss, time 5996ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.147/0.166/0.221/0.022 ms
root@pogoplug:~#

And the hosts file -- that I did not touch and that is as created during the imaging and install process -- is as noted above:

127.0.0.1pogoplug.incrediblepbx.com localhost
::1pogoplug.incrediblepbx.com localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0ip6-localnet
ff00::0ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1ip6-allnodes
ff02::2ip6-allrouters

(formatting may not work. What I see is an apparent tab character after the first entry on each line, separating that entry from the subsequent material. Thus:

"127.0.0.1<tab?>pogoplug.incrediblepbs.com<space?>localhost

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
i just order the PogoPlug Mobile v4 a101
i cant seem to find anything on how to set it up out of box even the book it came with is a joke.

i power on
connect rj-45 to internet
i did usb and sd

Blinks Green then solid red
if i do usb i get blinking yellow...

i did take it apart to discover its got Sata and 1 extra usb port so later once i get it working ill soldier the ports on for now i cant get it working

i also did the activation online but had to use the ID since it would not find it.

once get it working ill do the pbx in a flash on it

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Hmmm; no clue. Maybe yours arrived DOA? IIRC, mine came with something that explained how to set it up for its intended use, but I ignored that because my intent was always to use the PogoMobile as a PBX.

I do remember that you were NEVER supposed to let it connect to the internet out of the box if you wanted to hack it. Once you let it phone home (this from long-term-memory and therefore potentially suspect) certain default passwords/variables were changed and you might no longer be able to gain access to change the bootloader and the various hacking methods would not work.

Twilight Sparkle

Reaction score
Hmmm; no clue. Maybe yours arrived DOA? IIRC, mine came with something that explained how to set it up for its intended use, but I ignored that because my intent was always to use the PogoMobile as a PBX.

I do remember that you were NEVER supposed to let it connect to the internet out of the box if you wanted to hack it. Once you let it phone home (this from long-term-memory and therefore potentially suspect) certain default passwords/variables were changed and you might no longer be able to gain access to change the bootloader and the various hacking methods would not work.

thanks for the reply.
- i'll buy a serial cable and see if i can solider it to the board & see if i can get into it that way i did try the CURL command... nope did not work.
-- most likely i'll have to get a Pi3... or Pi2... so i know it works... but i was really hoping... anyway..

i'll add it to my pile of things to look into later down the road when i have nothing todo.

Twilight Sparkle

Reaction score
so i got the pogoplug to work on my other A3-01
after i ran all the setup and updates and got it loaded Asterisk was not Autobooting at start which is not good if power goes out or it reboots somehow so i loaded "update-rc.d asterisk defaults" and poof now it auto loads at boot with no issues but if you wish to not have it on use this code update-rc.d -f asterisk remove

so anyway, i notice my email is not working nor can i get fax to work, everytime i install fax it hands at cpan or something saying writing to root.

i got fax to work the 1st to times i try to get it all going but then calls did not work cuz i could not get asterisk to work right but now i got it all to work but now the fax wont install losing my mind.

i did try to backup and restore from a dropbox ubuntu 14.04 but it wont copy the fax settings & files i wounder if there is away to do that and copy it all over and hope it works

all in all... this thing works... im runing it off a flash drive.
and its funny.... i did not have another flash drive or sd card on me with the size needed to clone the partition so i download a clone-er and i cloned the flash drive to a hard drive and now anytime i need to re-stock the usb flash drive i juse clone the partition from the hard drive to the usb drive its funny... i did this so i did nOT have to re-install anything ever again THINK of this as a SNAPSHOT...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.