FYI sporatic call not routing w/no CDR

Brianmac

Reaction score
PIAF Green: 2.0.6.5 | Asterisk: 11.14.1 | Kernal: 2.6.32-431.1.2.0.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit

I have an issue where an employee(calling from europe on his cell) says he called(office in US-where PIAF is) and got "the office is closed" message. A person in the office immediately called from her cell(into same office) and they did not get the message.

I have an extremely simple flow. call comes in(main number), call flow(bad weather) --> is it a holiday --> office closed ----> ring group. 99.999% of the calls work as they should and then I get this every month or two.

Now when I check the CDR report, I do NOT see the original callers phone call.

I had the original user, call again from same phone(cell in europe) and everything works fine AND I see the call in the CDR report.

Really confused, can a call come into the PBX and not show up in the CDR report, WHEN an IVR message is playing(to confirm a successful connection) during the call...

Thanks for any help!!!!!!
brian

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Since you don't see the record in your CDR, I can think of something that COULD make that happen if you had a failover setup. This is how that COULD happen. If you have a backup server for whenever things go wrong - they use the backup server. You then have your inbound carrier have routing of Primary and if fail go to Secondary. Primary refuses the packet, so it goes to secondary. Secondary doesn't have any phones registered, so it decides to go to the other message you are receiving.

I Actually had this happen to me is how I know it CAN happen. This is with whitelist implied and then not having all of the inbound IP addresses of your carrier in your table. Carriers usually use the same one or two IP's to send traffic, but on occasion, they use an alternate for whatever reason. If you don't accept that one, it can failover to whatever methods you have. I'd look at my carrier and see if I have any failovers and if they have proper logs of where that call was distributed to.

If it truly is in the same box and you're not finding it on the CDR, then something really screwy is going on and I think the only thing you can really do is implement a wireshark type of scenario to trace down the packets and find out what's up.

Brianmac

Reaction score
ktzykat - no, no fail over setup. I'm just wondering if a call connects to the PBX, regarless of where is goes in the system, doesn't that force a record in the CDR?
Thanks for the help!
Brian

Brianmac

Reaction score
here's something else. I have record of the call coming to the VOIP incoming provider, but I do not see the cal in the CDR, this is the part that has me worried....
Thanks,
Brian

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You're using a very old system. It may be that the CDR only picked up the final leg of the calls back then.

Brianmac

Reaction score
You're using a very old system. It may be that the CDR only picked up the final leg of the calls back then.
Thanks, Ward, do you think I would be better off upgrading (on a 2nd system) or do a new install on a 2nd system and test?

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
FWIW, I would do a new install on a 2nd system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.