TIPS SPA112 Won't Register

jeremytourville

Reaction score
I installed this version of pbxiaf from github -incrediblepbx13-raspbian8-gvoauth.zip.
I did all the normal security updates from the script, configured my trunks, routes and extensions. Everything is working except getting my ATA to register to the PBX. My ATA is at the latest firmware release 1.4.1 from Cisco. I did a factory reset on the ATA to set everything stock and put in the extension, secret and made sure the port numbers matched. Both devices are one the same subnet. If I power cycle the device you can see it go from "not registered" to "failed" You can review my support thread over at Cisco forums if that helps.
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13060006/spa112-not-registering

I am able to get a softphone to register. The issue seems to be specific to my ATA. I did try turning on SIP debugging and looking through /var/log/asterisk/full. I can see in the log where the softphone registers but I don't see any activity from the ATA. Any thoughts on where to start on this?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Try changing the port on the Cisco to 5061 from 5060 for registration?

jeremytourville

Reaction score
I'll try that. I see now you can choose chan_sip or PJSIP. Make a difference on which one to use? I am trying to get up to speed on the newer PJSIP.

jeremytourville

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I'll report back later this afternoon when I get home from work.

jeremytourville

Reaction score
ok, as I thought about this more I realized maybe the firewall was blocking my ATA, especially since I wasn't seeing evidence of the ATA trying to connect in the logs. I issued iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -s 172.30.42.33/27 -j ACCEPT. I issued a quick iptables -L and I could see the new rule in the input chain. Now I tried again to get the ATA to connect. This time it worked. As a final test I wanted to make sure everything continued to work after a reboot. I issued an Amportal stop and reboot on the PBX. At this point the PBX started to reboot and I could still see the registration lights were on for my ATA. After the PBX came up and Asterisk was running I rebooted my ATA. When the ATA finished bootup it connected. As a final check I ran iptables -L to see my rules. I no longer see my input chain allowing the subnet. While I am happy to be connected I am not sure why everything is working. What else gets written to that allows the ATA to connect?

-signed happy and confused at the same time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.