Soundstation 6000 configuration

dbaddour

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone have the configuration of soundstation IP 6000 to work with PBX/Asterisk.. hard to find info about it on the web, Polycom only have config for their product.
I cannot get it to dial out or receive?

Thank you

jmullinix

Guru
Reaction score
Probably the easiest way to configure it would be with the Endpoint Manager.

Get the Endpoint manager from

http://projects.colsolgrp.com

and install it in FreePBX. Configure it and then install the file for the Polycom 6000. Plug in its Mac address, assign it to an extension and you are done.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I just used endpoint manager highlighted above. Way easier.

dbaddour

Reaction score
Sweet, Hope that will work... any place where i can find a detailed instruction on how to install. I read many comment and some issue with the installation for my luck i might end up with one. If you please provide me with How-to-install it from A to Z will be much much much appreaciated

thanks again

jmullinix

Guru
Reaction score
Download the tarball to your local machine. Go to module admin in FreePBX. Select "Upload Module." Click browse and select the file you just downloaded. Click "Upload" and you are in business.

dbaddour

Reaction score
Nice, so why not using the Endpoint that comes with Aterisk/pbx? would not do the same config?

Just asking

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Nice, so why not using the Endpoint that comes with Aterisk/pbx? would not do the same config?

Just asking

FreePBX's Endpoint Manager = PBX in A Flash's Endpoint Manager = http://projects.colsolgrp.net's Endpoint Manager

It's the complete same project. It just started here and continues to grow here which is a compliment to PBX in a Flash when FreePBX wants to incorporate it. :wink5:

PS: Im the developer here and now on FreePBX (usually Endpoint Manager issues only though) along with being a Blue.Box Developer

PPS: You will see Endpoint Manager as a core module in FreePBX 2.9. It will ALWAYS work in 2.5+ and ALWAYS be released on the FreePBX site AND http://projects.colsolgrp.net/

dbaddour

Reaction score
ok, i have it installed on my PBX, but everytime i click on the add device i have no drop down items, if i add the Mac of the station i got a blank page go back to the config, the device only add the Mac address and everything else is Unknown?

what is the trick
Thank you

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
You ned to install the Polycom Brand. Look to the left and click "Endpoint Configuration" and click "check for updates" then "install polycom"

You've actually hosed your installation now so you'll have to uninstall endpoint manager and reinstall it.

Edit: You also have to be using a browser that supports jquery, so javascript HAS to be on.

ok, i have it installed on my PBX, but everytime i click on the add device i have no drop down items, if i add the Mac of the station i got a blank page go back to the config, the device only add the Mac address and everything else is Unknown?

what is the trick
Thank you

dbaddour

Reaction score
ok un-install and reinstall is done. check for updates and install polycom. config the IP of the PBX server and time zone, save. add device to the list, seach my System, Polycom Mac and IP show select and add to the list.. the screen went blank again. I am using IE.

A hint what the correct steps for this?

Please and thank you

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
ok un-install and reinstall is done. check for updates and install polycom. config the IP of the PBX server and time zone, save. add device to the list, seach my System, Polycom Mac and IP show select and add to the list.. the screen went blank again. I am using IE.

A hint what the correct steps for this?

Please and thank you

Try not using IE? I don't know. The blank page is a fatal error.

Actually do eveything above again. But before you add the device go to Endpoint Settings, then advanced settings, turn on debug. Then add the device. Instead of a blank page you'll see error messages.

Post those messages here.

dbaddour

Reaction score
I will in a min,
for now i almost have the IP6000 config. the only problem is i cannot get it to register with the server.. any idea on this situation ? how to make it register
Thank you

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
......The Endpoint Manager will make it register. It's strange how you ask everyone here how to get it working. They all tell you to use Endpoint Manager and then you go back to asking your original question, which unfortunately is not helping me (the developer) out at all.....

I will in a min,
for now i almost have the IP6000 config. the only problem is i cannot get it to register with the server.. any idea on this situation ? how to make it register
Thank you

dbaddour

Reaction score
when i clicked the debug, no problem at all the config of the device worked and i had the option to select the brand IP 6000 i added the Mac and added it to the current managed Extensions. ok so now what?

Don't see no difference with the system? any extra steps should been taking?
CHeers

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
when i clicked the debug, no problem at all the config of the device worked and i had the option to select the brand IP 6000 i added the Mac and added it to the current managed Extensions. ok so now what?

Don't see no difference with the system? any extra steps should been taking?
CHeers

Restart the device? The new configurations should be tftpboot. At least if Endpoint Manager has write access there. Which if you edited files in there as root it won't have access as the files are owned by root. You'd need to remove your old configs in tftpboot

If you want to compare your configs check this out: http://www.provisioner.net/repo/demo.php

Edit: Actually I'm not completely sure you have a t*f*t*p server running? Do you?

dbaddour

Reaction score
sorry, I Really really apreaciate the effort you have done. i guess what i should do reset the phone to default setting and start from scratch it might help, I might have made some manual changes effect it.

will let you know.

Thank you

dbaddour

Reaction score
after all this is done. I pointed the IP6000 to a asterisk server with trivialTFTP, all went well until the reboot, load applications but i got the error for :sip.id 0x20: and station keep on rebooting?

Idea please?

Thank you

dbaddour

Reaction score
Sorry my first e-mail was quick, after doing all this up i had to clean the tftpboot from all files un-install and re-install endpoint upload the files and point the trivialtft of the IP6000 to the server (Asterisk) this worked like a charm and the unit have a normal display.
went to ip6000 GUI to config name, and the rest.
the issue now back again i cannot make no calls from it or receive any?

what i am missing now?

thank you

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Sorry my first e-mail was quick, after doing all this up i had to clean the tftpboot from all files un-install and re-install endpoint upload the files and point the trivialtft of the IP6000 to the server (Asterisk) this worked like a charm and the unit have a normal display.
went to ip6000 GUI to config name, and the rest.
the issue now back again i cannot make no calls from it or receive any?

what i am missing now?

thank you

service iptables stop

then reboot your phone

dbaddour

Reaction score
Hi tm,

I stoped the iptables. reboot the phone === now i got the message when dialing out "the number you trying to reach is not in service, check the number and dial again" Hmmmm at least is getting somwhere,

I tried other phones (regular phones not soundstion) they receive and make calls?

what do you think?

Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.