TIPS Sound Languages don't install though module

big charlie

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

New IncrediblePBX 13-13 on centos 7 in the cloud on KVM. I made a second install and same issue.

When I click on download Spanish, or any other language, I'm presented with a dialog box that does not populate. When I click on Accept License Agreement I'm directed to a page with a time stamp, otherwise blank.

I found Language Sound files on the FreePBX site that are 10 years old in 729, gsm, and ulaw. Should I figure out how to install these manually or is this a bug that can be easily remedied?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2019-07-02 14-58-44.png
    Screenshot from 2019-07-02 14-58-44.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot from 2019-07-02 14-59-06.png
    Screenshot from 2019-07-02 14-59-06.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot from 2019-07-02 14-59-23.png
    Screenshot from 2019-07-02 14-59-23.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 4

dallas

Reaction score
This is also a problem on the latest Raspberry Pi image.

Last edited:

dallas

Reaction score
Hi Charles,
I have not solved this but from what I've read the solution is the overwrite the files in .../sounds/en with the language you want to use.
I must admit I haven't persued it as I'm still using and older version (Incredible 4.11.3) on an older Pi.

big charlie

Reaction score
Hi Charles,
I have not solved this but from what I've read the solution is the overwrite the files in .../sounds/en with the language you want to use.
I must admit I haven't persued it as I'm still using and older version (Incredible 4.11.3) on an older Pi.

Yeah, I can see how that can work. It should work for you assuming your download is of the correct codecs. I'm trying to create a second language option, so I need to dig a little deeper.

By the way, where did you find your language files? The ones I found were around 10 years old. I'm not sure where piaf is pulling them from on install. If I can't figure it out maybe I'll see if another freebpx spin downloads them on install then copy it over.

dallas

Reaction score
Yeah, I can see how that can work. It should work for you assuming your download is of the correct codecs. I'm trying to create a second language option, so I need to dig a little deeper.

By the way, where did you find your language files? The ones I found were around 10 years old. I'm not sure where piaf is pulling them from on install. If I can't figure it out maybe I'll see if another freebpx spin downloads them on install then copy it over.
Yes, I'm not sure how you can have multiple languages. I got the language files from here http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/sounds/
I also compiled the g729 codec and converted some prompts I recorded to g729 inside asterisk.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
I've read the solution iles in the overwrite the files in .../sounds/en with the language you want to use.
I would not recommend to overwrite the directory /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en but instead make a new directory for the language you want to use - mine are now installed into /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en_GB which is the UK English.
Code:
mkdir /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en_GB
cd /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en_GB
change the language code as required.

Then there are the usual problems such as en uses 'press the pound key' whereas in en_GB we need 'press the hash key' and that necessitated some sound file editing with cut and paste using Audacity.

It is unlikely that the manual methods mentioned in this thread will be any different for the latest versions; though the sound files themselves can be updated either using menu-select mentioned above somewhere, or using a modified update script such as the one above by @Rrrr (for en_GB).

To make asterisk use the files for your language the dial plan needs to include the relevant language=** code. For this see
Before editing any files note that some files contain the fPBX warning not to edit notably *_additional.conf

The changes are to be done in the *_custom.conf files of similar name

I hope this helps @Charles Steiner . Clearly it will take a bit of coding to modify the dial plan if you need your sound prompts to be selected on basis of the callerID number using the country +44 type country codes, and transposing that to the ISO country codes (mostly 2 letter codes).

Keeping the ../sounds/en folder turned out to be useful while testing, also for comparison of my changes with the original en files. I noted that if you try to play a missing file then Asterisk will play an equivalent en file if available.

Last edited:

dallas

Reaction score
I would not recommend to overwrite the directory /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en but instead make a new directory for the language you want to use - mine are now installed into /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en_GB which is the UK English.

To make asterisk use the files for your language the dial plan needs to include the relevant language=** code. For this see

I hope this helps @Charles Steiner . Clearly it will take a bit of coding to modify the dial plan if you need your sound prompts to be selected on basis of the callerID number using the country +44 type country codes, and transposing that to the ISO country codes (mostly 2 letter codes).
Which brings us right back to the original post... "sound languages don't install through module." You have to do it outside FreePBX.

big charlie

Reaction score
Which brings us right back to the original post... "sound languages don't install through module." You have to do it outside FreePBX.

I'm also curious about the Wordfence error. That's a wordpress plug. Is this somehow related?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.