TIPS Sorry, wrong thread -Porting a problem number - any suggestions?

rchalk

Reaction score
I have a customer with a phone number in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina. This is a FAX number, and he is planning to move to Myrtle Beach. The local phone company (Horry Telephone Coop) cannot install this number in Myrtle Beach, and I have tried porting it to Vitelity, VOIP.MS, Anveo, and Alcazar, all with the response that the number cannot be ported to their network. I was able to port a similar number to Vitelity a couple of years ago, but now they say they have not renewed their contract with a particular carrier, and can no longer port this number.

The only solution anyone has come up with is to have HTC do a remote call-forward to a number which can be used. This adds a cost which we would like to avoid.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can gain control over this number?

Thanks.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I think you still can port to a cheap WalMart cellphone. And then port from there to your favorite trunk provider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.