Slow response to FreePBX portal

netspk1083

Reaction score
We are using PIAF 1.3. The server has a private IP and is behind an Ingate firewall. For some reason when users try to connect to the server over the www, the response time is terribly slow. It's not the Internet pipe as its a 20MB/5MB FiOS line. Anyone have any idea why it would take upwards of 10-15 second before the PIAF menu shows up in the broswer. Note that th eproblem happens whether I use IE or Firefox. Thanks.

mstults

Reaction score
I just started connecting to mine across the web. I noticed it was slow. I don't have the bandwidth you have so I just figured it was that. However, on the server I do have cable that results in a higher upload than ordinary dsl, but it usually runs in the 1 mb range. I'm sure others would be interested if any tweaks are found.

thunderheart

Reaction score
Let me guess. After the initial page loads, everything works at expected speeds. Common problem never fully characterized. If you search the forum you will find many references to it. Happens on one of my boxes too and it is sitting on a very fast LAN. No idea what causes it.

Dallas

tomsyr

Guru
Reaction score
I seem to remember this having something to do with DNS. You may want to point to at least more than one dns server to see if it helps.

pcott

Reaction score
I have resolved this by creating a local dns server using bind on the pbxinaflash box. Just point it to itself if you know what I mean.

PedroJP

Reaction score
Slow response to PBX in a Flash web GUI and FreePBX web GUI

I had a similar problem to the other users in this thread where the PBX in a Flash web gui and the FreePBX web gui's were loading at a snails pace. It took over a minute or more for a single page to load. After banging my head against a wall :banghead: for an entire day, I came to some conclusions and a functional work around to the bug.

First for my findings: I found that if I remove all the DNS namesevers from the "/etc/resolv.conf" file (and rebooting) that the two web gui's loaded fast again. ... so I concluded that the problem has something to do with domain name lookups. ... I then tested all kinds of different DNS nameserver values, some on our local lan, some public ones, and even tried setting up Bind as a cache server (which didn't work, but it might have been my fault becuase I don't know if it was setup correctly). Ultimately I could not find any nameserver values that would work. ... even through all those nameservers were known to work just fine on other machines.

FUNCTIONAL WORKAROUND: Ultimately I did find a fix that can be used to work around the problem (although it does not fix the root cause). To work around the issue, open the PBX in a Flash (PIAF) web gui and find the "Menu Configuration" button in the "Admin" section. In PIAF v1.4 you have to change the slider button under the logo to the Admin side to see the Admin menu. After clicking the "Menu Configuratoin Botton" you will see an input field on the page labeled "RSS URL". Remove the url from this field and leave the field blank. Now submit the form to save this change. That's it. The web gui's should load fast now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.