Skype Incoming One Way Audio Problem

Reaction score
I am having a problem with skype it was working fine but after the last updates because of the google problem , its not working anymore .... people that call me can hear me but i cant hear nothing. (SkYPE only)

Thanks in advance.

P.D. Tried to see if the problem was on skype but for some reason i get a message that xinit its already running and a msg saying to remove .X0-lock but even after rm -rf /tmp/.X0-lock i still get a message " Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running "

Any help will be very appreciated

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I am having a problem with skype it was working fine but after the last updates because of the google problem , its not working anymore .... people that call me can hear me but i cant hear nothing. (SkYPE only)

Thanks in advance.

P.D. Tried to see if the problem was on skype but for some reason i get a message that xinit its already running and a msg saying to remove .X0-lock but even after rm -rf /tmp/.X0-lock i still get a message " Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running "

Any help will be very appreciated

Can you post the information requested in the post in my signature?
Thanks

dandy_don

Reaction score
I've been trying to get skype to work again on a new install. It worked beautifully before.

Last night I did a new install, started skype, but could not hear my own audio when using the echo123 test call. It turns out that whenever the checkbox was enabled to allow Skype to adjust the audio levels, it would drive the mic input level to zero. I found this out by also running the alsamixer.

I could manually manipulate the alsamixer settings to get good two-way audio. Perhaps this is the issue...

I'm using 32-bit asterisk (piaf 1.8.6 and incrediblepbx 2.0 on an atom processor). This worked fine before on this hardware... I never had to mess with the alsamixer settings as skype always seemed to set the proper levels, but not any longer...

Good Luck,
Don

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Some of the programmers with the "improvement gene" also work for Skype. :smile5:

Reaction score
Hi Dandy Don....

Exactly the same happened to me... new install incredible pbx 2 and no mic on skype .... so i thought maybe i installed it bad so i did a clean install and before running skype i checked alsamixer and mic is down to 0 even if i increas that i cant manage to get the mic working on skype.... before same machine previous incredible version worked out of the box....... can you share your setup in alsamixer ?

dandy_don

Reaction score
grillovillegas,

I've attached a pdf showing the settings I used for alsamixer.

The interesting thing here is that for me, I can get Skype working perfectly (audio both ways and making/taking calls). Then once I start SipToSis_linux, the audio ceases working! The signaling seems to still be there but no audio.

I think (at least for me) this is a siptosis issue. I'm baffled as to why this worked before, but at the time I was using asterisk 1.8.4, but now I'm using 1.8.6, with piaf version 1.7.5.6. I've asked some questions but haven't had any replies yet...

I sure would like to get skype working again! Skype is much more useful to me than Google Voice.

Thanks,
Don

Attachments

• alsamixer.pdf
    48.5 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.