TIPS Skip IVR timeout default recording

pcmasterbe

Reaction score
Hi,

My client need his IVR like that

welcome to ... french speakers please press one1 in time out goes to dutch IVR. But when I do this config I have always the default timeout recording before the dutch IVR. How can I skip this recording?

Regards,

PCM

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
You need to duplicate every audio file used by any channel from all of

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en ;(the default)

into

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/fr ;(a complete set in French)

and

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/nl ;(a complete set in Dutch)

your ivr should appropriately set the channel variable

${CHANNEL(language)})

to suit, then all would be fine.

( I wonder if there are any sound files specific for Flemish/Walloonian)

pcmasterbe

Reaction score
Sorry if I wasn't enough clear. I don't want to change the default recordings.
I want to use only few customised recordings. I have 3 IVRs
mainIVR - mainIVRrecording ("Welkom! For French please press 1 now", so the dutch speakers -most of the clients- will wait on line and do not press anything)
-press 1 frenchIVR
-time out dutchIVR

But before the PIAF transfer the call to the dutchIVR the following message is played "we have not received a valid response, please wait...." that message only should not be played in that case since was no key was pressed intentionally. So I don't want to have THIS message played on time out.

--frenchIVR frenchIVRrecording
press 1 ...
press 2 ...
--dutch dutchIVR recording
press 1
press 2

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Then you will need to record in your language a file that says "we have not received a valid response, please wait..." and all the other ones you dont have , probably one of

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/no-valid-responce-pls-try-again.wav
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/no-valid-responce-transfering.wav

into

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/fr/

and/or

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/nl/

if you don't want to hear it copy /silence/1 there instead

look for asterisk "extra recording" in your languages you will probably find fr maybe nl also

Last edited:

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Why don't people read?

Set retry to 0 (there are two settings -- Invalid retries and invalid recording) and Timeout reries to 0 and Timeout message and destination. If you set the retry to 0 then the destination for timeout will go where you tell it (even the IVR for dutch.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
I just looked at my Settings in The IVR-Demo and found there is one other (Use pulldown menu) that says disabled -- this should bypass the timeout retry message. If not, I am not sure - But there is a Timeout retry recording too and the top of the list says none. Either or both may get rid of the message you are getting (yours may be set to 'default'

pcmasterbe

Reaction score
Thank you for your efforts but I check these options too, none means no reaction after timeout, not linked with the message itself.

Will be great if you check by yourself before you post.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
If you don't want to hear messages and have them go to a default location if they don't select one of your valid IVR options, then set timeout to 1, invalid retries to 0, invalid recording to none and invalid destination for your default. This is a standard that we use for afterhours calls where they have an option of pressing 1 if its an emergency - otherwise it goes to voicemail:

upload_2017-10-30_13-27-40.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.