FOOD FOR THOUGHT SIPSTATION Abandons users

dbaum

Guru
Reaction score
I have posted a note to FreePBX forum but thought many of us hang around here more often.

Based on prior articles and advertising I subscribed to SIPSTATION and have been using them for a while. In the last six months I have been offline with them three times - each their problem.

Once upon a time they claimed they would answer email support requests within an hour - and they did. That sort of creeped up to several hours. Now, without telling their customers of a change, they auto reply to help requests with a message that they will respond on the next business day.

If you complain to their parent company - Bandwidth.com - you are encouraged to switch to their HIGHER PRICED business service. I question the ethics of this ploy (and in fact the legality).

They are even non-compliant wih ADA since they don't offer me of any other sight impaired users with any accomodation option to use phone support.

I am curious, am I the only one having problems with them. If not, maybe we should collectively complain. Ward - what do you think!

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
That says enough for me, I won't use them now.

You realize this post was from 2011 and in Feb of 2013 SIPStation was bought out by Schmooze the same company that runs FreePBX. Our uptime has been perfect with no complete system outages since we took over in February.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Let's see... the new response time was almost an hour and a half. I'll yell at Tony about the delay. :2guns:

Seriously, we have heard zero complaints about SIPStation since Schmooze took the helm. By all means, let us know if you have a problem, but you probably also should touch base with Schmooze directly.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
I have had residential SIP service with SIPStation since at least late 2011. In that time, I don't recall ever having had any issues. I think I e-mailed support once early on, but have forgotten the reason why.

It has been rock-solid and I'm sure it can only get better with Schmooze running things now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.