QUESTION Show different ID when prefix used to dial

kflorian

Reaction score
I knew how to do this in the old "PBXinaflash." I don't know how with 3CX.

I've got three DID's (through Vitelity.)

When I dial-out using a prefix (eg "88"), I want the ID to show as "Acme" or "NNN-NNN-NNNN" NOT the default/main number of my Vitelity account.

How do I set this up?

Thank you.

Ken

YiannisH

Support Team
Reaction score
Hello @kflorian

I am afraid this is not possible at the moment. To achieve this you need to have 2 trunks. When you have as second trunk then you can create multiple caller ids for extensions

MiB

Reaction score
Hello @kflorian

I am afraid this is not possible at the moment. To achieve this you need to have 2 trunks. When you have as second trunk then you can create multiple caller ids for extensions

YiannisH & NickG,

Respectfully, you guys REALLY need to decouple the notion of TRUNKS and CID. It's a very poor design implementation.
It's insane to require more than 1 trunk to the same provider just to resolve a simple but common requirement for multiple outbound CIDs.
A Trunk must be treated simply as a connection to a SIP provider, and you should ONLY need 1 Trunk per provider.

OUTBOUND ROUTES should be the designation tool for CID.

In other words, the design implementation should be;

(1) SIP Provider -> (1) Trunk -> (many) Outbound/Inbound routes -> (many) Endpoints/Ring Groups/Queues

While I have your attention....
You've built this great endpoint provisioning interface with easy to use drop down boxes for BLFs, Shared Parking Slots, Speed Dials, etc..but for the love of anything good, why have you not by now added the ability to select add other extensions????? This is so useful in so many scenarios, from a departmental extension (think Dept Main CID) to Exec/sec admin scenarios and so forth.

The only way to achieve this now is to manualy hack phone templates, and put clear text usernames and passwords for other extensions which is a maintenance and management nightmare every time a master template gets updated as a result of a firmware change.

You and you alone have the ability to make 3CX the premier PBX of choice in the global marketplace. Ignore this and you'll continue to lose market share to other products that have had these fundamental abilities for years, or embrace it, improve your product and reap the benefits.

Thanks for listening.

Setel

Reaction score
Or phone should support multiple accounts?:confused:

There are times when one extension needs to present different outbound caller IDs based on the outbound trunk which is dynamically selected by the outbound rules...

Andrea said:
to do what you are suggesting you would need 10 trunk lines
Is it possible to edit Line X text and display CID?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.