RECOMMENDATIONS Setting up SPA3000's with freepbx

gotrootdude

Reaction score
I'm stuck trying to set up some SPA3000's as trunks on a newly installed system. I used the tutorial here: freepbx.org/support/documentation/howtos/howto-linksys-spa-3102-sipura-spa-3000-freepbx

When I go to the info tab on the SPA3000, It shows the Line 1 registration state as failed and the PSTN line registration state as registered, but incoming POTS calls give a busy signal and I get the message that the call can't be completed as dialed when trying to call out from any extension. HELP!

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
First, make sure you assign the SPA3000 a fixed IP address.

The link quoted in your post is very detailed, but it works! Make sure you have followed every step exactly. There are many things that can go wrong, and will, if one of the steps is not followed to a tee.

Of particular interest, is:

"Line1" refers to the FXS port, and is where a regular analogue telephone is plugged in. In the configuration setup, this will connect to the PBX on port 5060. Line 1 will be configured as an "extension" to the PBX, and is configured in a very similar manner as any standard Supora/Linksys ATA (adapter). This should be the simplest part of the SPA3000 to configure, as the instructions (above) are a virtual copy of Linksys 2100, 2102, or PAP series, etc.

"Line2" refers to the FXO port, and the Telco line plugs in here. It uses port 5061 (important). Usually the setting for the FXO portion takes a little more tweaking, but it sounds like you at least got it to register. That's a bonus right there! Make sure you have the FXO configured as a "trunk", and that you have both an Inbound and Outbound Route utilizing this trunk.

That's it! Re-read the link above, and ensure you have completed every step. I know it works.

Good luck...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.