TIPS Setting up a second GV trunk

Ernie Pantuso

Reaction score
My Raspberry Pi is on its way and I'll be setting up PIAF with a Google Voice trunk, but I'll want to setup a second trunk using Google Voice. Can anyone tell me what's the procedure for doing so?

visionlogic

Guru? Nope
Reaction score
My Raspberry Pi is on its way and I'll be stating up PIAF with a Google Voice trunk, but I'll want to setup a second trunk using Google Voice. Can anyone tell me what's the procedure for doing so?

You'll set up a 2nd GV number for the 2nd trunk exactly the same as you set up the first.

Pertinent post is here: http://nerdvittles.com/?tag=google-voice

EXCERPT:

You must choose a telephone number (aka DID) for your new account, or Google Voice calling will not work… in either direction. Google used to permit outbound Gtalk calls using a fake CallerID, but that obviously led to abuse so it’s over! You also have to tie your Google Voice account to at least one working phone number as part of the initial setup process. Your cellphone number will work just fine. Don’t skip this step either. Just enter the provided 2-digit confirmation code when you tell Google to place the test call to the phone number you entered. Once the number is registered, you can disable it if you’d like in Settings, Voice Setting, Phones. But…

IMPORTANT: Be sure to enable the Google Chat option as one of your phone destinations in Settings, Voice Setting, Phones. That’s the destination we need for The Incredible PBX to work its magic! Otherwise, all inbound and outbound calls will fail. If you don’t see this option, you may need to call up Gmail and enable Google Chat there first. Then go back to the Google Voice Settings.

While you’re still in Google Voice Settings, click on the Calls tab. Make sure your settings match these:

Call Screening – OFF
Call Presentation – OFF
Caller ID (In) – Display Caller’s Number
Caller ID (Out) – Don’t Change Anything
Do Not Disturb – OFF
Call Options (Enable Recording) – OFF
Global Spam Filtering – ON

Click Save Changes once you adjust your settings. Under the Voicemail tab, plug in your email address so you get notified of new voicemails. Down the road, receipt of a Google Voice voicemail will be a big hint that something has come unglued on your PBX.

Ernie Pantuso

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! It's just that simple? No complications or issues?

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
Yup, setting the trunks up is dead simple. It can get a little complicated setting up your outbound call routes to ensure you make calls via the expected GV trunk, but it isn't anything out of the ordinary. If you have set up more than one outbound call route before, then it should be easy.

If you haven't done this before, look at this thread as it gives a couple of ideas on how to set up a system to handle multiple trunks. http://pbxinaflash.com/community/in...coming-and-outgoing-numbers.11845/#post-74879

Good luck. Let us know if you have any questions.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.