TIPS Setting extension to use specific GVSIP for outbound calls.

toddhutch

Reaction score
Good morning,

I've upgrade my rPi 3 b+ to the current package, and I have forgotten how to direct my home extension to use the home GVSIP and my business line to use it's GVSIP. Basically I need my work CallerID to show up when I call out, and my home CallerID to show up when calling out. I have 2 additional GVSIPs that we also use for the business, and if the main one is busy then whichever is open of the other two were the next to be used.

I remember using custom context in the last version I had setup. It took quite some time to get it setup, and I believe it was using custom context.(Been using for 6 years without an issue, until GV changed to not work with Motif anymore, so now I've forgotten how I did it.)

Is there a simple method? Just need a pointer to the direction to go with this.

Thank you.

Last edited:

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Connectivity->Outbound Routes

Patterns
() + [] | NXXNXXXXXX/work Ext <- This triggers when a call is dialed 10 digits from work Extension
(234) + [] |NXXXXXX/Work Ext <- This adds the Area Code 234 to seven digit dialed numbers from work Extension
() + [481] |NXXNXXXXXX/ <- This is for forcing Work GV form ANY extension 10 digit calls (481 is stripped before sending to trunk)
(234) + [481] | NXXXXXX <- This is as above prfix is stripped but the 234 area code gets added Forces Work GV on ANY Extension

Now just point this to use the Work GV, Make a second outbound route (same patterns but maybe 482 prefix for Home GV.

Hope this gets you moving in the right direction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.