server restart&shutdown from GUI

adorah

Reaction score
I would like to let a user reboot/shutdown from the GUI like the "system maint" in A@H/TB.

Sometimes it is very usefull for quick maintenance or locally solving a problem. I don't want to show end-users how to get into the console.

colman

Reaction score
If you click on the Tools tab and then System Status, that should do what you're looking for.

adorah

Reaction score
If you click on the Tools tab and then System Status, that should do what you're looking for.
I don't see anywhere in the system status where I can click to restart or shutdown the system

colman

Reaction score
Hmmm, I haven't got the PBXiaF system installed yet , just Joe's precursor so maybe this functionality has changed. Do you have the JavaSSH option ? Otherwise, can you get a command shell up with PuTTy ? Or maybe have a look at Webmin on the machine in question ?

Sorry I can't be more specific. Hope some of this helps though.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

I took the reboot option out, because I could not get it to work reliably in the maint directory, and had not got time to work out why it was not working properly.

Options for shutting or re-booting are:-

1. depending how the BIOS is configured, just dab the off switch on the front of the machine, this will shout down gracefully.

2. JavaSSH as mentioned by Colman

3, Webmin. there is a reboot option, or if the user needs access (not root access), you can set up a usermin account, with just access to where you allow him.

Joe

adorah

Reaction score
Thx but I don't want the end-user to access webmin or using Putty. I want to give a an authorized user the option to easily restart the machine from the web GUI as it is done in Trixbox/A@H.
I think that is really an important feature for future upgrades.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
I'll look at adding it back in again, but options 1, pressing a button, and option 3, Usermin, would fulfil your requirements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.