TRY THIS secure-iptables does not accept FQDN

dbaum

Guru
Reaction score
When running secure-iptables the prompt for an FQDN or IP address of administration location will not accept an FQDN, only an IP address.
This is in Green Version, Asterisk 11.5.1, FreePBX 2.11.0.11, running on Centos 6.4 FINAL at Rent PBX.

zaserpiaf

Reaction score
The same scenario occurred when using Piaf + Purple (Piaf 2.0.6.2, FreePBX 2.9.0.11, Asterisk v1.8.8.0, CentOS Linux v6.2)

Would the solution be to input the administrator dynamic IP address and then add the administrator computer FQDN?
When the IP address changes, would that lock the administrator out of the server?

This is the first question I have yet to find an answer to, and a solution would be greatly appreciated.
I have been using this forum for years and have always found the right answers to my questions- thank you to all the people who have worked to give us those answers.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The same scenario occurred when using Piaf + Purple (Piaf 2.0.6.2, FreePBX 2.9.0.11, Asterisk v1.8.8.0, CentOS Linux v6.2)

Would the solution be to input the administrator dynamic IP address and then add the administrator computer FQDN?
When the IP address changes, would that lock the administrator out of the server?

This fix should work. You'll need the Travelin' Man 3 monitoring component (ipchecker) running as a cron job to force a restart of iptables with iptables-restart when the IP address changes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OctavianBebu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.