NO JOY Second voip.ms phone number and outbound trunk routing

lbeckm3

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to get a second line added to my pbx and having some problems with how to go about selecting outbound CID. I have incoming working, whereby the first number comes in on my phone and the second number comes in on my wife's phone. Now I'd like to set it up so when she places an outbound call through voip.ms - her CID shows up and not mine. I had CID forced to my number at the trunk level.

What I'm thinking I need to do;

1. Utilize SAME IAX trunk for outbound that I do.
2. Remove CID from that trunk
3. Add a second outbound route and set CID on each one to the proper phone number, with a different dialing pattern... ie I dial - 61XXXXXXXXXX and she would dial 71XXXXXXXXXX.

Am I over thinking how this should work? Be nice to have it just 61XXXXXXXXXX and know that 6+number = voip.ms.

Thanks!

-Lyle

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
If she has her own extension then set the outbound caller id under the extension options.
or use a route code like your example above

Last edited:

lbeckm3

Reaction score
THANKS!!! I didn't think to look there, worked perfectly!! No other changes needed - very happy indeed!

Now from my phone when I hit that trunk - it shows my number, and when dialing from her phone on that same trunk it shows hers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.