QUESTION Scheduled Call times?

CapnBio

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a business that only operates at certain times, but I would like to see if it is possible to put the calling times on a certain schedule, for example, mon - fri 7a - 7p and sat - sun 9a - 6p and holidays 10a - 5p.

I have looked everywhere but could not find anything, I am using incredible pbx. Reason why I am using is because I don't need a lot of phones and it's free, but need to record calls and what not. But the only thing I have a problem is just setting the times and just sending straight to voicemail. Would anyone be really kind and point me in the right direction?

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
What I do for my clients is setup a timed condition.

When the time meets that condition then the business is open and can take calls. Outside of that condition it goes to an after hours voicemail or IVR in some cases. But that's what you want, a timed condition.

CapnBio

Reaction score
Thank you that helped, it was really easy to setup, would it be possible to set up holiday days on it as well? i.e Christmas, new years, etc?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Thank you that helped, it was really easy to setup, would it be possible to set up holiday days on it as well? i.e Christmas, new years, etc?

Absolutely. I typically setup a time group for all holidays - for example: Labor Day: Any Monday, from Day start 1 to Day finish 7, with Month = September (that will always be Labor Day).

Then do your time conditions: Is Office Open ... If Yes - Is Today Labor Day ... If Yes - send to IVR/voicemail etc. ... If No ... check the next Holiday. Then I rotate through them until I know office is open and ring phones or whatever.
I usually do each holiday separate as I like to give custom recordings such as "Our office is closed to celebrate Labor Day" - then I fall through to whatever we do when we're closed. If you don't care about that or have a general greeting for such events, it can all be in one time group greatly simplifying the flow.

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
Absolutely. I typically setup a time group for all holidays - for example: Labor Day: Any Monday, from Day start 1 to Day finish 7, with Month = September (that will always be Labor Day).

Then do your time conditions: Is Office Open ... If Yes - Is Today Labor Day ... If Yes - send to IVR/voicemail etc. ... If No ... check the next Holiday. Then I rotate through them until I know office is open and ring phones or whatever.
I usually do each holiday separate as I like to give custom recordings such as "Our office is closed to celebrate Labor Day" - then I fall through to whatever we do when we're closed. If you don't care about that or have a general greeting for such events, it can all be in one time group greatly simplifying the flow.

Second this. Spot on.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Here is the list of holiday's I start with when I setup a system --

New Years -- Jan 1st --
MLK Day - 3RD Monday Jan. Monday - Jan 15/21
Washington's Birthday 3rd Monday Feb 15/21
Memorial Day - Last Monday - May Monday 25/31
Independence Day - July 4th -
Labor Day - 1st Monday September Monday - 1/7
Columbus Day - 2nd Monday in October Monday 8/14
Veterans Day - Nov 11th - Nov 11th
Thanksgiving - 4th Thursday Nov. 22/29
Xmas - Dec 25th --

CapnBio

Reaction score
Thank to all of you, now the way I have seen it with these conditions is
Code:
Time Condition name:  
Weekend Non Holidays
Override Code Pin  ####
Invert BLF Hint   Not Checked
Current Override:    No Override
Change Override:  Unchanged 
Time Group:     Goto Current Time Group
Time Zone:      America/New_York
Destination if time matches:
 Ext ext#
Destination if time does not match:
Voicemail ext#

Code:
- Time Group
Description
- Used By
Weekend Non Holidays
- 08:59-18:01|sat-sun|1-31|jan-dec
Time to start: : 08:59
Time to finish: : 18:01
Week Day start: Sat
Week Day finish: Sun
Month Day start: 1
Month Day finish: 31
Month start: Jan
Month finish: Dec

So far this is good? I am doing holidays afterwards but they would be different operating hours

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Thank to all of you, now the way I have seen it with these conditions is
Code:
Time Condition name: 
Weekend Non Holidays
Override Code Pin  ####
Invert BLF Hint   Not Checked
Current Override:    No Override
Change Override:  Unchanged
Time Group:     Goto Current Time Group
Time Zone:      America/New_York
Destination if time matches:
 Ext ext#
Destination if time does not match:
Voicemail ext#

Code:
- Time Group
Description
- Used By
Weekend Non Holidays
- 08:59-18:01|sat-sun|1-31|jan-dec
Time to start: : 08:59
Time to finish: : 18:01
Week Day start: Sat
Week Day finish: Sun
Month Day start: 1
Month Day finish: 31
Month start: Jan
Month finish: Dec

So far this is good? I am doing holidays afterwards but they would be different operating hours

You don't have to fill in all the data. I assume you wanted 09:00-18:00 - 9-6pm Then do weekstart Sat, End Sun, then leave date of month, and the months blank - because you're going to do it for all months, it knows that.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Is it possible (and if so, how do I) to play a different announcement for each of the various holidays (called out in Reply #5 above) if all of the holidays are in the same Time Group? I'm probably conflating Time Groups, Time Conditions and Call Flow Control - but I don't see a path to jump off from a single time group with all the holidays and route the incoming call to a Time Condition or Call Flow Control. I'm not following the logic of this, I guess.

No doubt, there's something that's probably very simple that I'm not in sync with. Thanks for the help!

I'm using IncrediblePBX13-12L.2 running on Centos 6.8.

/Pete./

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.