Scam Likely CallerID

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
T-Mobile has a feature on cell phones that alert to a potential robocall scammer whereby they will replace the callerID name with "Scam Likely".

I've had people ask me for the same thing for the PBX. Anyone know what they're using and/or how to duplicate?

kenn10

Reaction score
T-Mobile was one of the first to adopt SHAKEN/STIR technology to validate whether an incoming call was legit. At the time, it only worked for calls within their network. I don't know if they have expanded the use to all calls. A good overview of the technology can be found here:

It will take some time before every incumbent exchange carrier supports it and doubtless much longer for VOIP carriers to adopt it. I see trouble on the way for find me/follow me when you are only allowed to send your own telephone number into the network. An incoming call that is then forwarded out to your cell phone would likely be rejected since the calling number is not registered to your account. I'm sure there will be a lot of drama as the new standard is implemented. Changes in the way the phone companies, VOIP carriers and PBXs operate will all result in some pain before the bugs are worked out.

Skyetel

Reaction score
We actually just introduce a feature that does this by prefixing "SPAM-" in front of the Caller ID.

More info:

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.