SATA Drives

voipguy

Reaction score
Toms install doc says pbxinaflash has not been tested using sata drives, has anyone tried them & does anyone know if they will work reliably??
Thanks

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Toms install doc says pbxinaflash has not been tested using sata drives, has anyone tried them & does anyone know if they will work reliably??
Thanks
I am quite happy to edit things if enough people tell me sata is working reliably. The real problem I have seen is with bad implementations of software based sata-raid. That being said sata - no soft raid is running on my dev box with no problems at all. Perhaps I am being overcautious with this and all the problems TB had over the years 8^( Let me know the general thoughts on this.

Also I am just about to release the whole disk backup stuff for PIAF and I have not tested it at all on any sata drives with or without raid yet so my recommendation for pata stands until I can get some reports as to what the user community says. This version of the whole disk backup script will only run under PBX in a Flash I am afraid so bad news for the "others" who lurk here.

Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.