SOLVED Run script on new voicemail

Joe Lones

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been covered somewhere already. I'd like to run a script upon new voicemail in the inbox. Specifically I'd like to run the smsblast script preferably pass in the CID information as well.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just add the email address for your SMS delivery in the extension setup.

Joe Lones

Reaction score
I assume you mean the "Email Address" field for the voicemail extension, correct? But I'd like to sms a number (not email sms) via GV using the included smsblast script. Is that possible?

Joe Lones

Reaction score
@wardmundy, thanks. I believe that sending SMS'es via email with my cell provider incurs additional cost, that's why I'd like to use the smsblast script and use GV.

As a thought (very new to asterisk), wouldn't I be able to do something like this in the extensions_custom.conf file. I understand that this would be triggered whether or not someone leaves a message.

Code:
[from-internal-custom]
exten => 10000,1,TrySystem()

In my case extension 10000 is a virtual extension for voicemail used by my ring group.

EDIT: Found this blog post, which happens to use the externnotify in voicemail.conf. Just not sure how to get the caller id/number passed in.

Last edited:

Joe Lones

Reaction score
I've answered my own question here. I wrote a script that notifies me via SMS and/or Kodi Notifications whenever a new voicemail has arrived.

If anybody is interested, I can post it.

Sylvain Therien

Reaction score
If you still have that externnotify script for SMS notification, I would be interested in looking at it.

Thanks,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.