TIPS Routing based on caller id

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
Is it possible to route calls to a did based on caller id or some other information?

I'd like to send the caller id info to an api and if it comes back possibly bad, then send that caller to a robocall ivr that just asks them to press something to continue.

If they pass that then go on to the regular app. IVR, Ring Group, Etc.

Is this possible?

I dont want to inconvenience every caller just ones we don't have a record for.

Alex

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
I'd use a custom CID Superfecta module. See /var /www/html/admin/modules/superfecta/sources. Look at the TrueCNAM or PhoneSpamFilter sources to see how to set the spam flag.

@wardmundy has posted some more dial-plan centric spam techniques on nerdvittles. They may not be exactly what you want, but are a starting point and may be more customizable.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
The way the OP question is phrased. The short answer is No.

You asked if you can route a caller to a certain DID based on a caller ID, No you can't, as DID stands for Direct Inward Dialing (as in the phone number your customer CALLS, you do not get a caller ID before your customer has already Called you.

If I read you right Alex, your real question is: Can I route calls based on the incoming call's Caller ID -- Yes create an inbound route for each customer you have a CallerID for and set the CatchAll (Any/Any) to the roboCall Catcher. Oh wait you have 1000 customers? Well I do remember that Ward had made some dial plan stuff that the very first time a NEW CallerID came through, it was sent to the RoboCatcher , but once a caller pressed 1 or whatever number was set it would add the CallerID to a database table and continue to the REAL IVR or whatever. Once added to the database the caller never has to pass the robocall thing again as the robocatcher looks in the database for a matching CID first.

Now for me, I run 4 different 'services' out of my pbx and each with it's own destinations (multi-tenant' you might say. So I THINK I would need 4 copies of the robocatcher (one for each 'final' destination.

But look around on NerdVittles as what I described is there.

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
@mainenotarynet You can route calls to dids. You select inbound route and select the did you want to route the call to but that's not really the point.

I just want to get the caller id, pass it to a service api I build and if it comes back as possibly spam pass it through a robocatcher first.

Alex

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
I won't argue but you just proved my point.

How does one get to your inbound routes? They call a DID, you don't get a caller ID until a call comes into an inbound rout which means they called a DID already so why are you sending the call out again to come back in?

I defer to someone else to help you then because I evidently do not understand the OP request.

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
You know what I mean and your being argumentative. In any case, would love to just figure this out. lol

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
You know what I mean and your being argumentative. In any case, would love to just figure this out. lol
I would agree with @mainenotarynet's definition of a DID. In the FreePBX/Asterisk usage, the call comes in with a DID as a property assigned by the VOIP provider. There is no "DID" destination for an Inbound Route.

I assumed, maybe incorrectly, you wanted to route an incoming call to a destination based on the CID. I still maintain a CID Superfecta module would be the easiest option. It should be a simple two or three line change to one of the existing spam enabled options. Copy source-PhoneSpamFilter.module file to source-AlexSpamFilter.module, replace the url call with your url, or a call to your external program, add the new module to your superfecta scheme, turn on spam interception, done.

Last edited:

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
Ok, I apologize for using the wrong term.

CID Superfecta is the right way to go. You are right. I just wanted to do this same thing with my own caller id processing. I think I can make it work with the options here. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.