GOOD NEWS RingPlus Deal of the Day

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Runs from 5 p.m. EDT today until midnight...

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
As good a SIP trunk as you will find for your PBX... and it's free!

Cg0qzpsWkAAAGh2.jpg

Photo Credit: https://twitter.com/masip_telefonia

Brianmac

Reaction score
What about FreedomPop? I asked a rep if you could get SIP info from account and they told me YES. Anyone use them? If the service is good(SIP) then its a FREE phone account for PiaF.
I havent tried, but am thinking about it. Wouldn't it be a better deal than Ring+ with only 3250 minutes\month?

Thanks,
Brian

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I've had FreedomPop for years. I've never, ever, heard they had SIP capability. Can you provide more details? In any event, their free accounts have only 200 minutes, and 500 MB that can be tricked up to 1G.

And do you really need more than 1.8 hours every day, day in and day out? :)

Brianmac

Reaction score
tycho, i'm only concerned with SIP calling to use with PiaF. the data\txt is not needed. I contacted freedompop and here is what I was told - YMMV...
I am Ali, a FreedomPop Community Expert!

I will be more than happy to help you today.

You can definitely use FreedomPop with a SIP app like CSIPSimple, I personally have used the Bria SIP client to use with FreedomPop without issues. Be advised that texting won't work though.

To get started with CSIPSimple, you'll need to somehow get your SIP details. You can get it by going to the FreedomPop app's directory and under the database file, it will have your SIP information including your username (usually your 10 digit number and a few other characters) and your password. You may have to look around in the app's directory itself as the update to Linphone as the client powering the app has changed the method to extract the SIP details.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance!

Havent tried it, was wondering if anyone else has...

Thanks,
Brian

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
@Brianmac, thanks for the info.

What I was getting at in the "how many minutes do you need" quip is this: if FreedomPop counts SIP minutes as part of your total allowed minutes (the way RingPlus does it), you would need a very robust or unlimited FreedomPop plan to provide more SIP minutes than the "0nly 3250 minutes/month" you mention.

I have a FreedomPop Phone on the free plan. It is limited to only 200 minutes/month. If that is also the limit on SIP minutes its not a better deal than the 3250 RingPlus provides in the offer highlighted in @wardmundy 's OP.

Maybe this is covered in what you provided. I'll check...

*edit to add*

Ah. "Somehow you have to get your SIP credentials." That's rather different than the SIP credentials provided to you on the account page by RingPlus, and the specific (albeit often broken) FluidCall SIP support...

I actually read about that and tried to do that loooong ago, but was unsuccessful in finding the credentials. Maybe I can find the very specific "file exploration" directions that I was attempting to follow. It may also be that I had the wrong kind of FreedomPop account: when I had attempted what your FP guy suggests, I only had "free calling via android" (and hotspot) accounts. It may be that you need an actual free cellphone account (the apps on the tablet/phone are different if you have the former vs the later).

Last edited:

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
You document how to easily get the SIP credentials and we'll talk. :)

Brianmac

Reaction score
I did not document, sorry for the confusion...That was a online chat with FreedomPop...
as i stated, I have not done this and was wondering if anyone else has....

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you've been following along with the RingPlus discussion since last month, then you should already have a plan with unlimited talk and text. It was called Eternity. :)

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
@Brianmac, my point is this: RingPlus explicitly supports SIP calling. FreedomPop does not.

It may well be possible to search undisclosed and undocumented FreedomPop files and extract SIP credentials. But, in response to your initial comment of "wouldn't [FreedomPop] be a better deal than Ring+ with only 3250 minutes\month?" my answer would be "no" because "user friendliness" and "announced SIP support" are a big part of the equation.

You are comparing apples and oranges. You contrast a provider that explicitly supports SIP calling by offering up as a "better deal" a provider that does not at all publicly support SIP calling, from whom you might, possibly, maybe in an undocumented fashion that none of us geeks know (and even the service rep did not clearly disclose in his communication to you) be able to hack SIP credentials.

Brianmac

Reaction score
I didn't mean to imply anything and if I did, I apologize. I don't need it, I was trying to help the group, as i am usually the one getting help!!!

but, I understand your point......

Thanks,
Brian

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Relax, man: nothing hostile intended from this end. :)

You raise a valuable hacking "project." Now that I have actual FreedomPop cell service (as opposed to the hotspot capability that I initially had, and then the free "call via tablet apps" that I later added), I can research trying to locate the SIP credentials. If I can figure that out I'll report back.

(Free is good: I just made a couple of calls from the RingPlus trunk [derived from a RingPlus totally-free account; never a dime invested] on my Cloud-at-Cost Incredible PBX server. Worky Fine).

Brianmac

Reaction score
No worries, again I can't technically really help out the community(newbie), so was just hoping this might help someone out that might find a way for free calling.

Thanks,
Brian

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Today only. 3,000 U.S. minutes (cellular and/or SIP) + 3,000 SMS free per month with minimum of 1.5GB Sprint 4G/LTE cellular data. $25 deposit. Loaner iPhone 4 available for $65 deposit. See Boardwalk plan details here.

Last edited:

gotel

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a prepaid debit card works with Ring+ ...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FREE Monthly Cellular Plan: Tonight only ( 8 PM to midnight EDT) - 3,750 U.S. minutes (cellular and/or SIP) + 3,750 SMS free per month with 3,750MB Sprint 4G/LTE cellular data monthly. $27 deposit. Your cellphone and PBX both will ring on incoming calls if you set up a SIP trunk to your RingPlus number.

Loaner phones will be available usually for under $100 deposit. Will be announced when plan goes live. You don't have to return them, but you can. See Seashore plan details here. NOTE: If you already have a RingPlus account with Member+, you can buy this plan in the Classifieds tonight for $35 and get an extra 1,000 MB of data every month.
https://promos.ringplus.net/promos.html
HINTS: All Previous Promos can be found here under the PROMOS tab. If you don't want the hassle of figuring out which phone works and doesn't, buy a phone in the Classifieds with an existing plan that you like.

dgahtf0kilcq.png

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FREE Monthly Cellular Plan: Tonight (5/17) only ( 8 PM to midnight EDT) - 3,000 U.S. minutes (cellular and/or SIP) + 3,000 SMS free per month with 3,000MB Sprint 4G/LTE cellular data monthly. $25 deposit. You also get your choice of tethering for $10/year or an extra 500MB of data and 250 MMS messages free every month. Data overages billed in 1GB increments at $12.99/GB. Your cellphone and PBX both will ring on incoming calls if you set up a SIP trunk for your RingPlus number.

Loaner phones will be available usually for under $100 deposit. Will be announced when plan goes live. You don't have to return them, but you can. See plan details here. NOTE: If you already have a RingPlus account with Member+, you can buy this plan in the Classifieds tonight for $35 and get an extra 1,000 MB of data every month.

HINTS: All Previous Promos can be found here under the PROMOS tab. If you don't want the hassle of figuring out which phone works and doesn't, buy a phone in the Classifieds with an existing plan that you like.

And here's the really big news. You DO NOT need to already be a RingPlus subscriber to buy this deal and/or a phone from Classifieds starting today!
Before today, only current Members activating a new line or seeking an upgrade were able to take advantage of the placeholder program via RingPlus Classifieds. New subscribers were not able to access this deal as Classifieds required buyers to be Members with an active phone line. Now, new Members can access the placeholder program via RingPlus Classifieds.

Last edited:

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/5234R+ Cabana Free Plan & Loaner Phones
FLASH Times:

) Saturday, May 21, 2016 from 5PM to 9PM Pacific.

2) Sunday, May 22, 2016 from 7PM to 9PM Pacific.

Member+ Re-Opening Times:

Monday, May 23, 2016 at 1PM Pacific until

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 1PM Pacific

1) Open to all Members during the Flash Times.

2) New Line activations only available for non-Member+ during the FLASH Times.

3) New Line activations available for Member+ during the FLASH Times and Member+ Re-Opening Timesvia Truly Free: see “How to Get this Free Plan If You Don’t Have Member+” below.)

4) Member+ Upgrades will be available for free (for next billing cycle) during the FLASH Times andMember+ Re-Opening Times.

5) During the FLASH Times, Non-Member+ Upgrades will be available over RingPlus Classifieds for $25 (which can be purchased during the FLASH times in the RingPlus Classifieds, and will be available next billing cycle after Monday the 23rd at 7PM PT from their RingPlus account).

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.