TIPS Ring groups follow me cell phone

trupsalms

Reaction score
I currently have a ring group set up with 2 extension one of those extensions has a follow me with a cell phone configure suffix with hash but the cell phone never rings

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Put a # at the end of the extension number with the Follow me in the ring group and see if that makes it work.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
atsak read again, he does have the ring group set with the # on the end of it (hash).

Check the person's follow me -- if it is disabled (meaning it rings only the extension, this would be why. Also make sure the number to be dialed, has a hash mark too and a correct trunk to get out.

If the person always want thecell to ring while in the office as well, then enable Follow-Me, put his desk extension on first line (no hash on it) and his cell on the second line with a hash. Select 10 or 15 as initial ring time, and ringallv2 as strategy. Total ring timme at 60 (gives time for cellphone to ring.

trupsalms, the more details you give us, the more we can help you (raspi, centos, debian, issabel, wazo) they all have different ways of doing things. What I just gave you is Incredible with Asterisk 13/FreePbx13, you hope it works for you.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
@mainenotarynet ... I'm reading your procedure above, and this also might suit my needs, with a question.

While IN the office, this scenario would give me ample opportunity to grab the phone, and THEN begin ringing the cell phone if not. So far, so good.

But, when the cell phone start ringing, would the office phone also continue to ring? Having an unattended office phone ringing needlessly for 60 seconds, or whatever, could be annoying to other workers. Ideally, the call would be re-directed to the cell phone only, if this makes sense.

I'm just curious what will actually happen, here.

Thanks!

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
OK, I made a mistake (sort of) -- the ringallv2 rings all extensions for the totasl ring time (60 seconds) but MGD4me, if you change the strategy to Hunt - it rings the Desk for 60 seconds but set this to like 20 seconds and each iteration goes for 20 seconds. Problem here is that if it takes more than 20 seconds to connect to the cell and answer it the call gets bounced to the NoAnswer destination at the bottom of Follow Me.

Now Memory Hunt would ring Desk first for Initial time then goto desk AND Cell for the same amount of time. I may be explaining these a little off but on Follow Me on the Ring Strategy linke -- click the Question Mark and it will tell you what each one does and how.

I can't remember off the top of my head which one does what but the initial ring time applies only to some strategies and the RIng time is for ewach iteration of others. Just take a look at the help comments to see what will work for you.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
So far, I have been using 'ringall', and set the Ring Time to 25 seconds. The result is that initially the office phone rings, and a second or two later, the cell phone is called. The delay is just the time it takes to place the outbound call.

Obviously, while in the office with the cell phone turned on, the both phones can be heard ringing, but since I only give out my office phone number, I have the option of either turning off the cell phone, or muting the ringer. Voice mail is picked up only by the office phone.

I realize there can be multiple ways of approaching a solution, but my preference was to minimize the amount of time a caller is left waiting on the line until their call was answered, and avoid having the caller hang up in frustration. Some are more patient than others, and will get through no matter what!

trupsalms

Reaction score
Incredible PBX/FAX 13-13.7 for CentOS 6

Asterisk: UP Apache: UP MySQL: UP
SendMail: UP IPtables: UP SSH: UP
LAN port: UP Fail2Ban: UP Webmin: UP
GV OAUTH: UP PortKnock: UP NR VPN: UP
FaxGetty: UP IAX Modem: UP HylaFax: UP

RAM:1609MB CentOS release 6.10 Disk:12GB

Asterisk 13.22.0 Incredible 13.0.122.33

Private IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Public Info: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX PH:XXXXXXXXXX

System Time: Thu Nov 15 11:30:17 CST 2018

< OK >

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ejrubin
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.