NO JOY Ring group caller ID not working right with Callcentric trunk, but is fine with voip.ms

imekul

Reaction score
I have FreePBX 2.9, and I'm having an issue with caller ID when using a ring group and dialing with a Callcentric trunk. Here's the situation.

I have the inbound route for my DID go to a ring group. This ring group uses a ringall strategy, and the extension list is my cell phone number (10 digits followed by the #). External CID Configuration is set to "Default."

When I dial my DID, the forwarding works as expected, with the exception that the caller's CID is not passed. Instead, the default Callcentric CID is shown.

Now, when using a voip.ms trunk, this all works perfectly. But when using my Callcentric trunk, the CID isn't passed.

My suspicion is this might have something to do with the fact that voip.ms accepts 10-digit CID numbers, whereas Callcentric requires the country code (in my case 1, for United States) plus 10 digits.

I should point out that making a regular phone call using my Callcentric account does indeed pass the correct caller ID. I have a few different CIDs get passed based on what extension is dialing, and that all works as it should.

So I'm trying to figure out what gives exactly. As I said, my suspicion is that somehow Callcentric isn't receiving an 11-digit CID and is therefore ignoring it, but I don't know how to verify this or fix it.

Would appreciate a little guidance if anybody knows! :)

- Luke

imekul

Reaction score
Oh.. forgot to mention that these CID numbers are ones that are verified with Callcentric. And it works using them for outgoing calls. For instance, CID for Ext 100 might be 555-0100, and CID for Ext 200 will be 555-0200. I verified my DIDs with Callcentric, and I can pass any of my verified numbers from FreePBX.

Boolah

Guru
Reaction score
You might want to check where you have your outbound CIDs specified on your system. For example, if CID is specified on you Callcentric trunk, that might clobber the CID set by the ring group, whereas you may have CID set on your outbound route, and not on your voip.ms trunk, which may preserve the ring group's CID. Take a look at the logs of two calls: one using Callcentric as your trunk and the other with voip.ms and see where the CID is getting set differently.

Reaction score
I get this same problem with other providers as well not just CallCentric.

imekul

Reaction score
Does it work with certain providers, though, such as voip.ms?

I'm thinking it must have something to do with voip.ms accepting 10-digit dialing, whereas Callcentric (and probably other providers) require the country code as well.

Reaction score
No it's something with the QUE not passing the caller ID, if I monitor it from the console you can see the CallerID is blank

Executing [s@macro-outbound-callerid:13] Set("Local/19377519950@from-queue-000001c8;2", "USEROUTCID=") in new stack
Executing [s@macro-outbound-callerid:14] Set("Local/19377519950@from-queue-000001c8;2", "EMERGENCYCID=") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-outbound-callerid:20] ExecIf("Local/19377519950@from-queue-000001c8;2", "0?Set(CALLERID(all)=)") in new stack

So then it defaults to the route default caller id at that point. If I remove the route default caller id it sends nothing and shows as unknown caller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.