TIPS Reset Root and Admin Password

jdkcomm

Reaction score
Here's the situation:

The person who administered our PBX server left our company non-amicably. While our phone server is working as of now, it is only a matter of time when we need to change or access it. I can access the server via IP address or I can plug a keyboard and monitor into the server directly. When I plug into the server directly, it asked for the admin username and password which I do not have. Is there any way to reset this? Attached is a screenshot of the login from using the IP and a picture of the screen when plug a monitor into the server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried the usual combinations of admin/admin, etc.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20191202_111851.jpg
    IMG_20191202_111851.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 17

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
To reset the CentOS 6 root password (your IMG prompt above), see these instructions.

To reset the admin password (your Capture.jpg image above), type: /root/admin-pw-change after logging into your server as root.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
I can access the server via IP address or I can plug a keyboard and monitor into the server directl
If you get to the console as you have shown and you need to reset the 'root' password
have a look here or do a google search for something like
"Reset Root Passwords for RHEL 6, CentOS 6"

You should find lots of links to tell how to do that for that.

To reset the admin password see @wardmundy post above he beat me to it

jdkcomm

Reaction score
Thank you wardmundy and ostridge! I was able to get into the PBX system with your help. However, when I try going to either "User Panel" or anything under the "Maintenance" dropdown I get another prompt for credentials. The password I changed does not work here. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Maint.png
    Maint.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 8
  • User Panel.png
    User Panel.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 8

jdkcomm

Reaction score
warmundy,

I tired the line you gave me, but it returned this error (attached).

Attachments

• no such.jpg
    no such.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 11

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
htpasswd -cb /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd admin new-password-here

jdkcomm

Reaction score
warmundy,

Here is the response I got when I used that line. Apologies, I am by no means an IT person. Just trying to work my way through this. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_20191205_095832.jpg
    IMG_20191205_095832.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
warmundy,

Here is the response I got when I used that line. Apologies, I am by no means an IT person. Just trying to work my way through this. Thanks for your help.

It's -cb NOT -cd.

jdkcomm

Reaction score
This worked. Thank you warmundy. Now I have a bigger issue. It seems like the sql server database will not start. I have tried many commands I found on Google, but nothing seems to work. Perhaps there is a permissions conflict now?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.