DEAL Repair or upgrade your Aastra 6757i

Discussion in 'Items/Jobs/Services: For Sale or Wanted' started by rchalk, Jul 4, 2016.

1. rchalk

rchalk Member

I'm sure that many of you have experienced the defective display problems with these phones, and I have an offer to help you extend the life of these phones.

I recently acquired a number of 6737 i phones, missing the handsets and feet, and with broken plastic display window, but most with good electronics and display panels. The mechanical arrangement inside these is identical to the 6757i, but they have Gigabit network ports, so they are an improvement over the 57i version.

If your phone(s) have fading displays, but good plastics, you can just swap the plastic window, handset, and feet, to one of these, and have a perfectly serviceable 6737i in its place.

I also have a few which had a different password, and I was unable to unlock these, but you could swap the whole front panel to replace the display on an existing 6757i, and transfer the plastic window as well.

I will sell the working units for $30 plus shipping, the non-working units for $20 plus shipping. If you prefer to have me do the work, add $15 to the above prices, ship your defective phone to me, and I will complete the repairs, and ship them back. (you don't need to ship the handset, feet, or power adapters).

I hope this may be helpful to some of you.

2. rchalk

rchalk Member

No takers????

I am open to ANY reasonable offers on these.

3. kmcdaniel

kmcdaniel Guru

Any idea where to buy the replacement plastic window?

4. rchalk

rchalk Member

I have a contact with a company that made some for me, but it needs to be a significant quantity to be reasonable. How many do you need?

5. kmcdaniel

kmcdaniel Guru

I only need about 8-10. But I'd settle for 2-3 right now if you have some extra? Mitel doesn't have these parts readily available anywhere? Their 6737 seems to have the same plastic lens, so you would think we could get them from somewhere?

#5 kmcdaniel, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  6. kmcdaniel

kmcdaniel Guru

Also, how have you been re-adhering them to the base?

7. dicko

dicko Still learning but earning

8. rchalk

rchalk Member

The only time I bought them, I ordered 100 pieces, and used about a dozen of them. The rest I resold to a company that rents out phone systems to political campaigns, etc., and breaks a lot of them by transporting them all over the place. That was a few years ago now. I was never able to find a source of original parts.

I re-attached them using Scotch double-sided tape, available from stationery stores etc.

kmcdaniel likes this.
  9. kmcdaniel

kmcdaniel Guru

Do you happen to remember the company that made yours?

10. kmcdaniel

kmcdaniel Guru

Darn, no plastic covers for 6757i or 6737i. Thanks for responding. Still a great site to note.

11. rchalk

rchalk Member

The company was Classic Acrylics, in Elk River, MN.
    The sales person I dealt with was Jerry Uchanski
    763-241-5221

Pricing in 2014 was:
    200 @ $5.35 each
    500 @ $4.33 each
    750 @ $4.05 each
    1000 @ $3.89 each

The plastic was slightly thicker than the original, and the anti-glare frosting was a little heavier, so the display was not quite as clear as the original, but it was the only alternative I was able to find at the time. If you call him, tell him the company name was TechnoVations, and my name is Richard Chalk

Good luck

12. kmcdaniel

kmcdaniel Guru

Thanks!