NO JOY RentPBX billing / service unacceptable

unsichtbarre

Reaction score
Hi all,

I an not one to rant/complain, however, I am posting this as a proactive warning to other customers/potential customers.

RentPBX billing has become difficult to deal with to the point I no longer consider them a reliable host. They have suspended my service on at least 3 occasions (after only THREE days warning), with a credit-balance and while I have auto-pay configured!

What happens is:
  • My account bills $29.99 every month automatically - the OLD bill
  • RentPBX charges $39.99 and does not apply the $25.99 credit
  • I get an overdue notice from RentPBX
  • THREE days later, service is suspended - with a $25.99 credit in my account
  • The RentPBX portal does not allow me to manage my PayPal subscription nor add a credit card
I have opened three tickets in an attempt to resolve this situation, and RentPBX does not even seem to comprehend how their own billing works, and failed to resolve the situation. All I want is for my bill to be paid automatically because I travel frequently and being out of email contact for 3-5 days is not uncommon.

I hope my experience serves others in similar experiences.

THX
-John

Here is the text of my tickets to RentPBX:

7/16/2018
Once again this service is unacceptable. I have had my business PBX suspended three or four months in a row - because you can not get your client billing to work correctly!

We are supposed to be set-up for auto-pay.

When you raised the rate from $29.99 to $39.99 (no longer offering the NerdVittles promo on $10.00 free RAM), every month we are getting a credit to our account of $29.99 and an unpaid invoice of $39.99.

We seem to be set-up for a monthly automatic paypal payment of $29.99, which I can not modify through your client portal, nor can I add card information as it fails every time!​

05/16/2018 07:14
John BorhekClient
We have been suspended twice in two months with a credit balance that EXCEEDS the amount we owe!
I opened a ticket last month and this issue was not resolved.
NOW I NEED A MANAGER TO CALL ME AND EXPLAIN!

1. We were on auto-pay for many years
  2. Something in your system changed and charged us for a months use, but never applied that to our bill.
  3. Our service was suspended
  4. I opened a ticked and got a whole bunch of illogical excuses (auto-pay should have continued uninterrupted)
  5. Our Service was suspended again, again with a credit balance
4/16/2018
John,

Let me briefly explain how our billing system works in regards to credit balance in your account. First, we have an automatic billing payment. Whenever there is an overpayment, the system will add that to your account as a credit balance. It will automatically apply part of or all of the credit balance when it is issued. Note that it only does that automatically when an invoice is issued. If there is an overpayment made after an invoice is issued and hence a credit balance is added, the system will not apply that to an invoice even if the invoice is not fully paid.

In your case, the amount of your PayPal subscription is $29.99 and the amount due of your current service's invoice is $34.99. This PayPal subscription was created for the canceled service that you had with us and was not canceled when the cancellation request was submitted; please refer to the Cancellation Request Confirmation email sent on 9/10/2013 (a copy of your email is available in your client area). Since the service was canceled, the money sent by PayPal was automatically added as a credit balance in your account. The system also kept applying the credit balance to an invoice when it is issued. The accumulated credit balance along with some credit from us (downtime credit) was enough to fully pay your invoices for your current service for years and that was why all of your previous invoices were fully paid by your credit balance. When invoice 67274 was issued, there was only $34.85 credit balance in your account. As I mentioned in the previous response: even though there was another $29.99 overpayment made After the invoice was issued, the system would not apply it since it only automatically applies it when an invoice is issued and you will have to Manually apply the credit balance to fully pay the invoice.

You currently have $24.85 credit balance in your account. When your next invoice is issued, our system will only be able to apply $24.85 to the invoice. You will have to manually apply the credit balance from the next PayPal subscription payment, that will occur after the invoice is issued, to fully pay the invoice.

If you want the automatic PayPal payment to fully pay your current service's amount due, I suggest you cancel the current PayPal subscription ($29.99) and create a new one for the active service ($34.99). To create the new PayPal subscription, simply choose PayPal and "PayPal Subscription" from the next current invoice; PayPal subscription option is not available when an invoice is overdue. If you need our help to cancel the current PayPal subscription, please let me know and I can do that for you. However, I cannot help creating the new PayPal subscription since it will need your PayPal login information.

I hope the explanation makes sense. My apologies for the confusion it may have caused.

Regards, Cindy

04/16/2018 06:52
John BorhekClient
The problem is that this account has been on auto-pay with PayPal for
many years, so clearly the billing error is obviously yours.

With auto pay, there should never have been a credit balance to begin
with. Now you have suspended service - even with a credit balance. This
is not good service!

John

On 4/13/2018 10:52 AM, RentPBX.com, LLC Billing wrote:

04/13/2018 10:52
Cindy HStaff
John,

If you have an existing credit balance in your account, our system will automatically apply the credit balance to an invoice when it is issued. In this case, the overpayment that resulted in the current credit balance was made on 04/08/2018 and invoice 67274 was issued on 04/04/2018. In other words, the credit balance that you currently have ($29.99) did not exist when invoice 67274 was issued and therefore, our system did not apply it. You can however apply it manually to fully pay the invoice. Or, if you need our help, please let me know and I'll apply that for you.

Regards, Cindy

04/13/2018 07:03
John Client
Why do I have an overdue invoice and a credit balance at the same time?

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
@unsichtbarre

I have been with them for five years have two separate accounts and never had an issue.. Of course I use a real credit card for this.

Jeff

unsichtbarre

Reaction score
I have generally been happy with their service, prior to to billing issue. When we started with RentPBX, they didn't accept real credit cards, so we set-up a Paypal subscription.

I find this business of suspending the account with a credit balance unacceptable. I also question the policy of account suspension THREE DAYS after notification of a problem! I travel for work and sometimes to remote locations where I can't check email. Even with a real credit card, should my credit card get flagged, I don't want my service suspended three days later!

UPDATE: RentPBX was able to resolve my account issues sufficient to add a real credit card - we'll see how it goes next month!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.