FOOD FOR THOUGHT Reload Failed -- retreive_conf error:255

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@wardmundy
Our decision in choose a Server is already done, we will follow your advice we will buy Vultr. But before do this I still need to learn a little more.
As I already told you I will report here what I'm doing regards the 255 error problem:
I tryed to reinstall Enchilada but the system says that it was already instaled and don't do. So back to 0 and let me see what more I can do to try to fix the problem.
Another thing is the picture of my IPBX. As we can see has a red line and it about Trunk. I delete it and get nothing I reinstall it and still get nothing.
IPBX113-13_50.png

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you just want to experiment, you can remove the safeguard and try reinstalling Enchilada...
Code:
rm /etc/pbx/.enchilada

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@wardmundy
First of all, thank you very much for your time attention and also for your patience with me.

Ok I do not know what could be the problem but this is what happens here with me ( remember the server is CA&C):
I start the rm /etc/pbx/.enchilada and then I was able to reinstall the enchilada, but the instalation stops when it was doing an ODBC configuration and freezes the terminal (Putty), after that I had no acess at terminal or using GUI.
Remember that I'm just using this to learn, so there is no problem with what happen..

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
Ok
New install ready, all things working. Extensions and DID ok
I had problem with DID so what I did first: I add the IP of the provider, but all the time that we call the DID the call just hung-up, so we just start to look the sip config of the trunks in the list that comes with the Incredible, many of the trunks had same sip information that we had in our DID, for lucky we take a look at Callcentric and the sip configuration of it is very different, has less information than our, so we just copy it and put our credentials and Voila works.
Maybe someone’s get same problem.

ps: no doubts no questions at this time, nice.

Last edited:

Eliad

Reaction score
I hosed my production PBX once and it was a nightmare as you can imagine. Now I have installed my PBX and several other servers each in each own virtual machine in a Proxmox server. I have 2 proxmox servers connected and they do an automatic backup in case I forgot to do a snapshot prior to messing up with a virtual machine. It works very well.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you don't have a backup solution, it really doesn't make sense to deploy a PBX or any other server platform for that matter. Just my $.02.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.