FYI Relationship between PIAF, Incredible PBX and FreePBX

gnordli

Reaction score
Hi. I installed the PBX 2020 for CentOS 7.

Can someone tell me what the relationship is between PIAF, Incredible PBX and FreePBX.
thanks,
Geoff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
PIAF3 was originally developed by Joe Roper, Tom King and me. PIAF 5 is a rebranding of 3CX that is wholly owned by 3CX.

Incredible PBX was developed by me and is owned by Ward Mundy & Associates LLC.

FreePBX (and now Asterisk) are owned by Sangoma.

Incredible PBX and FreePBX are open source products that anyone is free to use and enhance pursuant to the license agreements. 3CX has a free version that anyone is welcome to use. There is no "relationship" between me and either Sangoma, Digium, or 3CX.

Last edited:

gnordli

Reaction score
Thanks Ward.
I have a couple of Incredible PBX and a few Elastix machines too. It has been pretty much install and leave it as they are in a fully secured system.
I am installing a new server the next couple of weeks. I am trying to figure out the landscape again as it seems to change every couple of years.

I feel comfortable with the freepbx version. I assume I can keep using that and it is going to keep getting updates?

thanks,
Geoff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you're already using Incredible PBX 13-13, you're probably good for 3-5 more years. With Incredible PBX 16-15 and 2020, it's probably 5-7 years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.