Record on Demand

Mic

Reaction score
I have gotten this to work in an earlier version of AAH and as I recall there is a digit timing or inter-digit timing setting that makes the automon work more reliably for record-on-demand of calls. At any rate I can not seem to get it working in PBXiaf ... or find the article that helped me before... anyone used this feature?? *1 = to record ongoing call.

/edit
***OOPS! Guess I posted in the wrong forum... guess I should have posted in HELP!! :) ******
/end

**Update** Nothing like answering your own questions!! (Happens a lot :rolleyes:)
To enable Record-On-Demand (that option down the extension creation form) you need to ensure that automon= *1 is not commented out in features.conf ... it should be OK ... now the simple part... go to General Settings and add a W in both Dial Command Options -- CAREFULL NOT TO OVER TYPE 'tr' in the first field--

During a call you can record the ongoing conversation at any time by pressing *1 -- you have abt 1/2 sec from the time you press * to hit 1 then use the RECORDINGS tab in FreePBX to listen to your recording -- you will need Quicktime plugin for this ... Recording size grows fast (.wav) ....think I will look into how to chose a different saved fromat :confused:

---MIC out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.