Recommendation for an amplified SIP phone for hearing impaired

mcbsys

Guru
Reaction score
Hi,

My dad currently uses a Geemarc Ampli200+ connected to a POTS line. The phone has power as well as line jacks and can be heard across the room if your hearing is good. For him, it's great and he can use it without hearing aids.

He also has (cable) broadband, and I'd like to get him on VoIP to kill the monthly POTS bill. I tried an OOMA with the Geemarc phone, but quality was not great (muddled, IIRC), so I returned the OOMA.

Now I'm wondering if bypassing the analog-to-digital conversion would improve quality. Is there a SIP phone that is comparable to the Geemarc in terms of handset amplification? (No speakerphone needed.) The phone could register to my PiaF or, more likely, directly to an ITSP.

Thanks for your suggestions,

mcbsys

Guru
Reaction score
Looks about perfect! but doesn't seem to be on sale in the U.S.

How was the setup? How does the customer like it?

rjvvliet

Guru
Reaction score
Mmm was afraid of availability for you.

Phone is brand new, droped is off at customer site yesterday, will conigure it tomorrow if time allowes, but will let you know.

Richard

DougKilgore

Reaction score
Amplified SIP Phone Alternative

May I suggest you obtain a Clarity Amplified Phone and pair it with a SIP ATA. I have seen excellent results with various SIP ATA's paired with our Amplified Telephones via Skype, Ooma, and plain jane ATA's. The Linksys SPA2012 is my current favorite ATA and I have deployed them with ClarityLogic in a Production Environment.

I would suggest the XL40, XL45, or XL50 for a corded solution. You may wish to use a cordless phone. If your state or province has a State Program (FTRI in Florida, DDTP in California) you may be able to obtain the Amplified Phone either free or at a significant discount. You may also wish to visit our website at www.clarityproducts.com.

As with any SIP endpoint your results will vary based on your network environment in the home or office.

Regards,

Doug

mcbsys

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks Doug. Sorry I must have missed the thread notification.

The Geemarc Ampli200+ was provided by Colorado's program. I've hooked it up to a MagicJack Plus and it's working pretty good--better than it did a year earlier with the Ooma.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.