RECOMMENDATIONS Recommend a phone to replace Mitel 5224

imekul

Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations on phones to replace our Mitel 5224s. I would like something with 16-20+ programmable buttons for one-touch intercom or paging and BLF. Beyond that, I'm just looking for something that's inexpensive. These Mitels were very inexpensive used (maybe $20-$30 apiece), but I would be willing to pay more for something better.

I've been out of the loop for a while, so I'm not real sure what is all out there so I'm hoping to have some recommendations thrown my way. :) Thanks!

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Inexpensive and 20 buttons might be a little tough I think. There's the Grandstream 2160 but they aren't cheap. I'm having trouble actually thinking of anything else myself - maybe someone else has a good idea.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Yealink is the way to go, but not inexpensively. $100+ dollars for the phone and around another $100 for a 20 button expansion

imekul

Reaction score
I'm revisiting this again. The Grandstream 2160 phones look pretty appealing. Does anybody have any positive or negative experience with them?

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Getting ready to cut a system with all GXP-2160s. With the latest GS firmware, using the Monitored Call Park BLF feature, will come real close to replicating their old key system.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I've used just one but it was absolutely no problem and the end user loves it.

imekul

Reaction score
Getting ready to cut a system with all GXP-2160s. With the latest GS firmware, using the Monitored Call Park BLF feature, will come real close to replicating their old key system.
That sounds really great. Is there a way to have the hold button on the GXP-2160 automatically place a call into a parking lot? One feature we've always missed from our old key system is the ability to easily place a line on a "global" hold, where anybody can see it and pick it up.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Yes, but don't use the hold button.
Tell them to hold and then press the monitored call park blf of your choice to park the call.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.