Really odd trunk issue - GXW4104

Donb123

Reaction score
Valcom paging system has an FXS board that communicates with the GXW4104 FXO that I setup. The software is Incrediblepbx like 13 or something. I can get that info later but don't have access to the phone system presently. The Valcom system has button in each classroom at a school. If a teacher presses it they have intercom access to Asterisk via the FXO gateway. If the CallerID from the Valcom is NOT a valid extension on Asterisk everything works as expected. If the CallerID on the Valcom is a valid extension on Asterisk then it tries to register and since it has no password it fails.

The GXW4104 simply does a port-to-port mapping from the FXS ports on the Valcom. What I mean by this is if Valcom on port one calls it answers on port 1 of the GXW4104. The GXW4104 passes 1000 as DID for port 1, 2000 for port 2 and so on. Asterisk routes these calls based on DID.

Hopefully that makes sense..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.