PIONEERS Ready: Incredible PBX 13-13 LEAN

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We run dozens of CentOS 6.10 servers in the cloud all over the country without the Fail2Ban hangs you're experiencing. Were these recently installed? If so, who is the provider? Is your DNS working properly? That would obviously cause hangs.

jolebole

Reaction score
You too eh? God that's annoying!

Please don't use Webmin to change stuff. As Ward puts it, you could easily destroy your PBX if something is not done correctly.

The solution to this is simple and works everytime:

Code:
chattr -i /etc/resolv.conf && nano /etc/resolv.conf && chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

Its mega annoying. Even when I use the CLi tool system-config-network the result is the same. And the bellow command is the the fix. I've used it before.

Last edited:

jolebole

Reaction score
One more issue that I got multiple reports on. I use Yealink phones for my PIAF setups. Ever since I updated to PIAF13/13 the Phones do not display the dialed outbound number. For example. I dial a number 333-333-3333, I make the call I hang up. When I go to the phone to lookup the dialed numbers histiry, I cant see the dialed number. all I see is my number for all calls placed. I use Vitelity as SIP provider. On PIAF12 this is non issues. On PIAF13 I don't see the dialed numbers on any phones. Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks,

Last edited:

jolebole

Reaction score
We run dozens of CentOS 6.10 servers in the cloud all over the country without the Fail2Ban hangs you're experiencing. Were these recently installed? If so, who is the provider? Is your DNS working properly? That would obviously cause hangs.
Some are cloud, some are local installs. The cloud provider I use is Vultr. Its happening randomly. During the local installs DNS is obtained via DHCP like the other network clients.

I loaded the IncrediblePBX13 ISO last time and it did not hang up. Actually it runs pretty good.. I might stick to it, since CentOS updates still brake stuff. I had zero issues with IncrediblePBX12 on CentOS 6.6 and 6.7. After we got 6.8 and 6.9 I got issues with resolf conf and the fail2ban hanging on boot and on reboot.

Last edited:

tfcarlin

Reaction score
One more issue that I got multiple reports on. I use Yealink phones for my PIAF setups. Ever since I updated to PIAF13/13 the Phones do not display the dialed outbound number. For example. I dial a number 333-333-3333, I make the call I hang up. When I go to the phone to lookup the dialed numbers histiry, I cant see the dialed number. all I see is my number for all calls placed. I use Vitelity as SIP provider. On PIAF12 this is non issues. On PIAF13 I don't see the dialed numbers on any phones. Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks,

@jolebole Did you ever figure out a solution to the CallerID issue on Yealink handsets? Thanks.

jolebole

Reaction score
@jolebole Did you ever figure out a solution to the CallerID issue on Yealink handsets? Thanks.

No. Not really. Im glad to see that I am not the only one affected by this. I will try to do some tests over the weekend. I'll post any results here.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Some are cloud, some are local installs. The cloud provider I use is Vultr. Its happening randomly. During the local installs DNS is obtained via DHCP like the other network clients.

I loaded the IncrediblePBX13 ISO last time and it did not hang up. Actually it runs pretty good.. I might stick to it, since CentOS updates still brake stuff. I had zero issues with IncrediblePBX12 on CentOS 6.6 and 6.7. After we got 6.8 and 6.9 I got issues with resolf conf and the fail2ban hanging on boot and on reboot.

Just saw this ... Vultr used to have no issues with this, and then started seeing issues. I had IPtables restarting every day (in case any of our FQDN locations changed for whitelisting). Within the past couple of weeks we found that IPtables wasn't loading properly - and was taking forever. Finally found Wards iptables-restart where it delays 10 seconds of FQDN fails and found the issue is with Vultr's DNS Server. GET RID OF IT.

You have to update the network config so that you can have a static DNS (I chose google 8.8.8.8) and have had ZERO issues ever since.

jolebole

Reaction score
Just saw this ... Vultr used to have no issues with this, and then started seeing issues. I had IPtables restarting every day (in case any of our FQDN locations changed for whitelisting). Within the past couple of weeks we found that IPtables wasn't loading properly - and was taking forever. Finally found Wards iptables-restart where it delays 10 seconds of FQDN fails and found the issue is with Vultr's DNS Server. GET RID OF IT.

You have to update the network config so that you can have a static DNS (I chose google 8.8.8.8) and have had ZERO issues ever since.

It very well could be Vultr DNS issues. I'll try with CloudFlare and Google DNS. Thanks!

wa4zlw

Reaction score
i've had issues with vultr with their DNS. I've been trying to figure out how to keep static DNS configured. Any helpers please?

thanks leon

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.