PIONEERS Ready: Incredible PBX 13-13 LEAN

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Hi all
As I'm in a learnning process, I'm having a hard time in try to install PIAF 13 13. I think that I saw here in Forum a script to Install PIAF 13 13 with GPL modules, but I'm not finding it anymore. Someone here could help me? Please. Thank you for your time attention and help

It's Incredible PBX 13-13, not PIAF 13 13. Installation tutorial is here: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=23948

Last edited:

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
Hi wardmundy,
Thank you very much for your time, attention and help
Regards

Ps: kkkkk, its took a time until I understand or I realize that has 2 projects here- one is PIAF and the other is Incredible PBX, @wardmundy sorry for that really, this sometimes happens to me.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Wolfram Alpha (Siri-like Almanac) for Incredible PBX 13-13
DPqN_hUUQAANLhI.jpg

We've reworked our old Wolfram Alpha application for Asterisk to support IBM voice recognition. It lets you sent a query to Wolfram Alpha by phone. Simply dial 4747 (I-R-I-S spells SIRI backwards) and speak your query.

This code now has been added to today's build of the Enchilada installer that's included in incrediblepbx-13-13-LEAN.tar.gz.

Requirements:

1. You need a free Wolfram Alpha APP ID available here. You get 2,000 free queries a month.

2. You need Voice Recognition (STT) credentials from IBM (tutorial here).

Installation:

1. Issue the following commands to install the software:

Code:
cd /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/wolframalpha-ibm.tar.gz
tar zxvf wolframalpha-ibm.tar.gz
rm -f wolframalpha-ibm.tar.gz
./install-wolfram4747-dialplan.sh

2. Edit /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/wolfram.sh and enter your IBM STT credentials and your Wolfram Alpha APP-ID. Save the file.

3. Dial 4747 from an extension connected to your PBX to try things out. Here are some examples...

Weather in Charleston South Carolina
Weather forecast for Washington D.C.
Next solar eclipse
Otis Redding
Define politician
Who won the 1969 Superbowl?
(Broadway Joe)
What planes are flying overhead now? (flying over your server's location)
Ham and cheese sandwich (nutritional information)
Holidays 2012 (summary of all holidays for 2012 with dates and DOW)
Medical University of South Carolina (history of MUSC)
Star Trek (show history, air dates, number of episodes, and more)
Apollo 11 (everything you ever wanted to know)
Cheapest Toaster (brand and price)
Battle of Gettysburg
Daylight Savings Time 2012
(date ranges and how to set your clocks)
Tablets by Motorola (pricing, models, and specs from Best Buy)
Doughnut (you don't wanna know)
Snickers bar (ditto)
Weather (local weather at your server's location)

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I hope 32-bit isn't completely abanboned, I have solid 32-bit machines that make excellent servers! :coolgleamA:

32-bit mostly works in the latest build of Incredible PBX 13-13. Fail2Ban seems to be a little flaky. But, aside from that, everything else seems to work as expected.

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
Hi all,
wardmundy - thank you very much. As I was trying to install Freepbx using the Sangoma's Wikki and after 3 weeks I get nothing working right. Now in 2 hours I get the PIAF 13-13 working.
As I already wrote here I'm a newbee in PBX IP matters, I would like to ask some questions that can be dummy for most of you guys, sorry for that, but this was some problems that I had with FreePbx.

1- This version 13-13 will let me get the System Admin? Because Freepbx only let me use this feature if I instal it using the Distro.

2- With PIAF 13-13 I will be able to use the Sangoma comercials modules? (of course that I know that I will need to buy), the question is because they say that the Comercial modules only works if I install Freepbx from Distro.

3- I would like to ask you guys if I have an Integration module available to FreePBX it will be avaliable to PIAF 13-13 as seams that PIAF can use the FreePBX modules.

4- I'm Brazilian and I lve theses days in Brazil (I alredy live in others countries) there is things in the Enchilada that I will not gona use, so my question is,do you think that If I will not use Fax and IBM features still is good to do the upgrade to Enchilada version?

Thank you very much for your attention time and help.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Jose Pinto:

1. and 2. No support for FreePBX commercial modules. This is an open source, GPL project. No proprietary components are supported.

3. If a FreePBX module is GPL code and is available on GitHub, it will work with Incredible PBX 13-13.

4. Whether to load Enchilada upgrade is completely up to you.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Importing FreePBX GPL modules from GitHub

For instructions on importing any of these into Incredible PBX 13-13, run: /root/gpldownload

WARNING: Do NOT update core, framework, dashboard, or firewall packages or you may destroy your server. ALWAYS make a backup first!!

Here's how to get the current list of FreePBX GPL modules at any time:
Code:
curl "https://api.github.com/users/freepbx/repos?per_page=1000" | grep -o 'git@[^"]*' | cut -f 2 -d "/" | cut -f 1 -d "."

Here's the current list of FreePBX GPL modules as of 11/28/2017:
Code:
announcement
arimanager
asterisk-cli
asteriskinfo
backup
blacklist
bulkhandler
calendar
callback
callforward
callrecording
callwaiting
campon
cdr
cel
certman
cidlookup
conferences
configedit
contactdir
contactmanager
core
customappsreg
cxpanel
dahdiconfig
dashboard
daynight
devtools
dictate
digiumaddoninstaller
digium_phones
directory
disa
donotdisturb
dundicheck
extensionsettings
fax
featurecodeadmin
findmefollow
firewall
framework
freepbxlocalization
fw_langpacks
gqlapi
helloworld
hotelwakeup
iaxsettings
infoservices
irc
ivr
javassh
languages
logfiles
manager
miscapps
miscdests
motif
music
outroutemsg
paging
parking
pbdirectory
phonebook
phpagiconf
phpinfo
pinsets
pm2
presencestate
printextensions
queuemetrics
queueprio
queues
recordings
restapi
restart
ringgroups
setcid
sipsettings
soundlang
speeddial
superfecta
timeconditions
tts
ttsengines
ucp
userman
vmblast
voicemail
weakpasswords
webrtc
xmpp

Last edited:

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@wardmundy
Thank you very much for your attention time and answer.
There is a lot of GPL modules at Github. I will try some. Thank you for the Github link.
About the commercial I just ask because I saw people at Freepbx Forum saying that they suppose to use Sangoma's Commercial Modules with PIAF

Last edited by a moderator:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@wardmundy
About the commercial I just ask because I saw people at Freepbx Forum saying that they suppose to use Sangoma's Commercial Modules with PIAF

That was true in the early days of PIAF 3, but we have long since parted ways. Sangoma no longer supports commercial modules outside their proprietary distro.

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
Hi,
If here is not the proper place to my questions please let me know. Thank you.
I already made the upgrade from 13-13 to Enchilada.
So (this is because the nasty experience and also the hard time that I had with Freepbx 13, also in Freepbx Forum you do not get proper help) I had problem with Freepbx 13 without install Firewall. At This time I need to tell you guys that I install the PIAF in Cloudatcost server (I"m learnning now) and I would like to ask you guys: I will need to install a Firewall? If yes How I can install a Firewall in Enchilada?
Thank you very much for your time attention and help.

Last edited:

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
Hi all
After the Enchilada upgrade (works like a charm - thank you @wardmundy) I receive this message:
"FreePBX Module Signature checking has been disabled"
This a problem? I need to fix it ? there is something that I will need to do?

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
Hi @wardmundy - Thnak you very much for your attention time and help.
At this moment I'm reading 23948 / 23841 / 24058 and also 23812. As I already told you I'm in a learnning process.
Regards

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Not that I have a need, but do you think that the commercial modules could be installed (even though you'd get no support for them on this forum or freepbx forum) ?

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@krzykat
Hi

IMHO I think that yes, is possible to install the commercial modules. About help the only thing that I can say is that here in this Forum everything that I ask I got an answer, my problem was at Sangoma's Forum. I'm 62 years old and I run computers since 1972 when I was at University so I'm not so crude.

What I think about Sangoma is that you can't get help there because they would like to sell their Support - US395,00 for 2 hours. Also when you say that you will install the FreePBX in a Cloud they say that does not work unless you use the Cloud that they point. Why they point this or that? Because they will earn (I keep one comment with this writing). Another observation is: They said to me that if I will try to install Freepbx by myself I suppose to have a chance that it does not work, because they say that Freepbx to work you need to install it from Distro using an ISO file. I made a comment in Forum with some impressions about this behavior and they just erase. After all this what I can think about the company?

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
I work selling a CRM Bitrix24. There is a company that has a module to do an integration Freebpx and Bitrix24 it is possible to use it with PIAF 13-13?

informunity.ru/marketplace/asterisk/informunity_bitrix24.zip

Someone here can see if this is possible?

Last edited by a moderator:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I work selling a CRM Bitrix24. There is a company that has a module to do an integration Freebpx and Bitrix24 it is possible to use it with PIAF 13-13?

Just downloaded and installed the module (unzipped file under /var/www/html/admin/modules). Everything installed just fine using Module Admin. Within the Incredible PBX GUI, clicking on Admin:InformUnity.Bitrix24 after installation brings up the dialog to register. Uninstall was pretty ugly, but you probably wouldn't be doing that anyway. I just deleted the entire subdirectory, and everything was fine after the Module Admin uninstall blowup. Doesn't look like there were any remnants in MySQL either.

Be advised that the Incredible PBX firewall would block HTTP access without a whitelist entry for the Bitrix24 server. That could be resolved by adding the IP address with /root/add-ip.

Bitrix24 overview presentation here. Also works with 3CX.

DP0iVOiUEAAQIm6.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.