PIONEERS Ready: Incredible PBX 13-13 LEAN

piaftnt

Reaction score
I installed pbx 13-13 lean, then Enchilada, then the fax on Centos 7 using your scripts. I can send and receive calls, etc.
Speech to text and text to speech both work ( I see the American Airlines in the log after I dial 411 and say AA.). Even though I did the install after your last fixes I still had to apply the cdr fix and when I try to access asteridex or reminders all I get is a blank white screen with the fpbx header at the top and a grey border. I checked the asteridex db and it is populated and I set php logging to E_ALL but the logs do not show any errors.

Any idea how to troubleshoot this problem?

Also there is an error in http://nerdvittles.com/?p=23948. Your sed commands for setting up STT do not have colons and square brackets escaped. In the instructions earlier in this thread, you have the correct syntax.

Thanks for all of the hard work putting this together.
Regards,

Tom

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I installed pbx 13-13 lean, then Enchilada, then the fax on Centos 7 using your scripts. I can send and receive calls, etc.
Speech to text and text to speech both work ( I see the American Airlines in the log after I dial 411 and say AA.). Even though I did the install after your last fixes I still had to apply the cdr fix and when I try to access asteridex or reminders all I get is a blank white screen with the fpbx header at the top and a grey border. I checked the asteridex db and it is populated and I set php logging to E_ALL but the logs do not show any errors.

Sorry, but I can't reproduce your problem with AsteriDex, and the CDR fix was installed correctly. Are you sure you were using the latest installer??

jeffmac

Guru
Reaction score
I just finished my Incredible PBX 13-13 with the Whole Enchilada and Fax. Everything looks good, although I did experience the problem with the sed commands, but I was able to determine what it was trying to do and did it manually. So TTS and STT are working great.

I'm missing phpmyadmin, though. I usually export my Asteridex database and import it on my new PIAF instance. Am I blind, or is it really gone? Am I going to have to load all these Asteridex phone numbers by hand (or worse, learn native mysql commands)?

I'm not above learning something new - on the contrary I've had to learn several new things on Centos 7. But I really do like familiar things...

Jeff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I just finished my Incredible PBX 13-13 with the Whole Enchilada and Fax. Everything looks good, although I did experience the problem with the sed commands, but I was able to determine what it was trying to do and did it manually. So TTS and STT are working great.

I'm missing phpmyadmin, though. I usually export my Asteridex database and import it on my new PIAF instance. Am I blind, or is it really gone? Am I going to have to load all these Asteridex phone numbers by hand (or worse, learn native mysql commands)?

I'm not above learning something new - on the contrary I've had to learn several new things on Centos 7. But I really do like familiar things...

Jeff

OK. I've fixed the sed issues in the Nerd Vittles tutorial. There are simple commands for exporting and importing AsteriDex, and I'll cover those in the next article. I'll also show you how to quickly add phpMyAdmin if you want it as well.

piaftnt

Reaction score
Sorry, but I can't reproduce your problem with AsteriDex, and the CDR fix was installed correctly. Are you sure you were using the latest installer??

I think so. I did the installation after you posted that centos 7 was good to go. How can I tell?

Is there a sane way to troubleshoot this or do I have to start over again?

If I have to start over again, is there a way to export and restore the configuration?

Regards,

Tom

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I think so. I did the installation after you posted that centos 7 was good to go. How can I tell?

Is there a sane way to troubleshoot this or do I have to start over again?

If I have to start over again, is there a way to export and restore the configuration?

Regards,

Tom

What are the file dates on your Incredible*.sh and Enchilada*.sh scripts??

piaftnt

Reaction score
What are the file dates on your Incredible*.sh and Enchilada*.sh scripts??

(ipbx13 pts5) # ll Incredible*.sh Enchilada*.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6973 Nov 14 12:59 Enchilada-upgrade.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 47307 Nov 19 01:12 IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh
(ipbx13 pts5) #

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
(ipbx13 pts5) # ll Incredible*.sh Enchilada*.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6973 Nov 14 12:59 Enchilada-upgrade.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 47307 Nov 19 01:12 IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh
(ipbx13 pts5) #

Looks like your IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh script is an older version that contained the bugs you encountered. If you download the package again, you'll get all of the correct pieces for CentOS 7.

piaftnt

Reaction score
Looks like your IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh script is an older version that contained the bugs you encountered. If you download the package again, you'll get all of the correct pieces for CentOS 7.

Thanks for the update

Am I correct that I should start over or is there a way to fix this?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If this is for a long-term server, I'd start over with a clean slate.

piaftnt

Reaction score
If this is for a long-term server, I'd start over with a clean slate.

Thanks for the info.

As suggested I started over and discovered that on a Vultr $2.50 vm. When I spin up a new centos 7 instance and follow the steps in your article, after it reboots the first time it never comes back up. I did a little investigating and found that SELinux is not being disabled. The file /etc/sysconfig/selinux does not exist even right before the first reboot. When the server tries to come back up it cannot load selinux policy so the boot stops. I tried this 3 times with the same results. The last time I saw a message on the console that said it was unable to load SElinux policy. I put the vm in run level 1 and looked at /etc/sysconfig/selinux. I found that selinux was set to enforcing. I changed it to disabled and the vm booted. As I type this the second stage of the incredible script is running. Maybe the third time is a charm. :)

I have no idea what is setting selinux to enforcing but I thought you would want to know in case someone else runs into this problem..

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
This is a new surprise just in the last couple days. One of the joys of dealing with open source projects with hundreds of moving parts. Will fix. Thanks.

Last edited:

jeffmac

Guru
Reaction score
OK. I've fixed the sed issues in the Nerd Vittles tutorial. There are simple commands for exporting and importing AsteriDex, and I'll cover those in the next article. I'll also show you how to quickly add phpMyAdmin if you want it as well.

That's great, Ward. I'm happy to have my shiny IncrediblePBX 13-13 up and running on my NUC5PGYH. I've had it almost a year now, with it planned for my next PBX, but I had too many issues trying to get Centos up back then. I ran a Debian Jessie "backport" for a while, then upgraded successfully to "Stretch". I was going to go with Wazo, but I don't they support Stretch even yet. I ran the Centos install from CD several times due to hangs during installation - but I kept at it until it finally completed.

I'll look forward to your next article ....

Thanks!

Jeff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@jeffmac: Hate to say it but CentOS 7 still is a huge can of worms. Stuff still gets broken regularly. In addition to the selinux problem, it looks like they've broken venet0 on SolusVM/OpenVZ platform. It works fine until you reboot. Then you have no network connection. This was a bug from several years ago with an initscripts update. Looks like it's back and worse than ever. Now you can't even back-rev initscripts. Fun, fun... :death:

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Today's release includes latest updates to Asterisk (13.18.1) and WebMin.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
SMS Dictator for Incredible PBX 13-13

DPlYjz2WsAAR9zI.jpg

We've reworked our old application for Asterisk that lets you dictate an SMS message and send it to any SMS number supported by Google Voice. Simply dial 767 (S-M-S) and enter a 10-digit SMS phone number. You then will be prompted to dictate the message to deliver.

This code now has been added to today's build of the Enchilada installer that's included in incrediblepbx-13-13-LEAN.tar.gz.

Requirements:

1. You need a working Google Voice number that supports plain-text passwords from your PBX. Test whether it's working by logging in as root and issuing command: gvoice. Enter your credentials when prompted. If login fails, do the following and try again until it works:

a. Perform the Google Voice Reset Procedure after logging into the same Google account from a browser.

b. Also enable Less Secure Apps using this Google tool.

2. You need Voice Recognition (STT) credentials from IBM (tutorial here).

Installation:

1. Issue the following commands to install the software:

Code:
cd /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/sms-767.tar.gz
tar zxvf sms-767.tar.gz
rm -f sms-767.tar.gz
./install-sms767-dialplan.sh

2. Edit /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/sms-gen.sh and enter your IBM STT credentials and your Google Voice credentials. Save the file.

3. Dial 767 from an extension connected to your PBX to try things out.

Last edited:

uspshooter

Reaction score
So is all of this still only for x64 systems? I'm running an OLD incrediblepbx on a 32-bit machine and would like to modernize. I know CentOS 6.9 runs x32 but how about incrediblebpx/whole Enchilada? I'd love to have some of the new toys!
Thanks!

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
Hi all
As I'm in a learnning process, I'm having a hard time in try to install PIAF 13 13. I think that I saw here in Forum a script to Install PIAF 13 13 with GPL modules, but I'm not finding it anymore. Someone here could help me? Please. Thank you for your time attention and help

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.