I HAVE A DREAM Ready for a $7.50 Gamble?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Saw mazilo's post on DSLR and ordered one up.

This from the guy who still has standard-def TV. :) But it looks to be a lot of power for the price, so maaaaaaybeeeeeee it can prove useful.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Can asterisk run on Android? Is its OS on an SD Card we can wipe. I would Love these for AllStar (Asterisk Based Ham Radio) would make a Great Radio-Less node for less tahn a RaspberryPi3.

Picturs don't show an SD port so I would be hesitant, not to say I won't but... Although if they did work I'd buy 6 (one for each TV I have and then a few extras for Ham Radio related projects.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Can asterisk run on Android? Is its OS on an SD Card we can wipe. I would Love these for AllStar (Asterisk Based Ham Radio) would make a Great Radio-Less node for less tahn a RaspberryPi3.

Picturs don't show an SD port so I would be hesitant, not to say I won't but... Although if they did work I'd buy 6 (one for each TV I have and then a few extras for Ham Radio related projects.

If you're really going to use them for cut-the-cord TV, you should look into the Tablo. Terrific product with all the pieces.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
No, more for ham radio projects but since the Pics show TV stuff and connedcted to a TV, -- my main thing would be a PiStar, (If it has GPIO pins I can get at, and All-Star Radio-Less Node, and if possible mabe convert one to an SDR 3KHz-3GHz receiver (transmitter would be better but...

Wasn't really thinking TV per se.

TechnicalJohn

Reaction score
I'm thinking that Walmart was either trying to get rid of those, or they mis-priced it... it typically goes for ~$70 based on my Google Shopping search!

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I bought a couple I will see if I receive them in a few days. I might open one to see what's replaceable etc. AmLogic S912 does have an available Linux type install I think from what I've seen so maybe, if the insides aren't too hard to get at, you could repurpose this.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Got mine via text chat. Requires escalation to Level 2. Level 1 will only agree to email the vendor and get back to you within 24 hours. Level 2 will promptly process a refund.

Was told to keep the screen protector that was sent instead. It might actually fit my girlfriend's daily-driver iPhone SE, so perhaps the scam backfired. :)

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.