PIONEERS RasPi 16-15 NOW

hawk#1

Reaction score
@wardmundy - thanks for the follow-up tip. I like the portability of Ipbx on Raspberry Pi 4. Makes it so easy to take your pbx with you whenever I go on a trip. Also, thanks for all your hours of work that goes into keeping these pbx's up to date and pretty much already configured to use free pbx's.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@hawk#1: Agreed. Planning to add default trunks to RasPi and CentOS builds to set this interconnect up.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For those that have added Blinkt! to your RasPi, we have a new system status utility that displays the status of the following on the LEDs:
Code:
# Port 7 - Asterisk status     (Green=UP Red=DN)
# Port 6 - Apache status       (Green=UP Red=DN)
# Port 5 - MariaDB/MySQL status (Green=UP Red=DN)
# Port 4 - IPtables status     (Blue=UP  Red=DN)
# Port 3 - Fail2Ban status     (Blue=UP  Red=DN)
# Port 2 - SIP trunks status   (Green=AllUP Red=SomeDN Purple=NoneFound)
# Port 1 - PJSIP trunks status (Green=AllUP Red=SomeDN Purple=NoneFound)
# Port 0 - IAX2 trunks status  (Green=AllUP Red=SomeDN Purple=NoneFound)
We recommend adding the following Blinkt! entries to /etc/crontab to update the LEDs every 5 minutes from 7 am to 7 pm. rainbow.py will clear the display at 8:01 pm.
Code:
1 20 * * * root /root/rainbow.py > /dev/null 2>&1
*/5 7-19 * * * root /root/status.sh > /dev/null 2>&1
Install the software with the following commands:
Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/blinkt-status.tar.gz
tar zxvf blinkt-status.tar.gz
rm -f blinkt-status.tar.gz

We also recommend disabling or removing rainbow.py at the bottom of /usr/local/sbin/pbxstatus.

If you don't use IAX2, you might want to consider modifying /root/status.sh to substitute an LED showing "active calls":
Code:
port0="$BLUE"
test=`asterisk -rx "core show channels" | grep "0 active calls"`
if [[ $test ]]; then
port0="$RED"
fi

ED92tdlX4AA47-a
EEDZAkpWsAcw_qn

Last edited:

Larry Marshall

Reaction score
@Larry Marshall: Set the GUI password for the admin account by running /root/admin-pw-change. Then use your browser to login as admin with the new password you just set.
I finally burned a chip today, release 5. I am amazed how easy it was to install. Not a single issue.

I've been using VOIP, mostly Freepbx and a little Freeswitch, for over 10 years. Almost each day of that time I have struggled with both.

I followed your Skytel setup, purchased a DID and configured an inbound route in the pbx. I also registered an existing Yealink phone, a task I dreaded in the past. Finally, I called the pbx from a mobile phone and it answered the first time! Really? I was so ecstatic I forgot to configure an outbound route, which took me less than a minute. I dialed out and it connected!

I am so glad I have choice other than Freepbx. Thank you for giving me part of my life back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.