PIONEERS RasPi 16-15 NOW

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Coming this week... with a little luck.

EBOj31rXsAELEpJ

hawk#1

Reaction score
Looks like your having fun with it, are you using the 2 GB ram model? Good luck,

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Looks like your having fun with it, are you using the 2 GB ram model? Good luck,

We've got one of each, but we do all our testing on the 1GB flavor to be sure "it just works™".

Ravendos

Reaction score
This has probably been asked before, but is there an upgrade path to this new version, or should I load from scratch? And if I have to load from scratch, is there an easy way to save my routes, extensions and other configs?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
This has probably been asked before, but is there an upgrade path to this new version, or should I load from scratch? And if I have to load from scratch, is there an easy way to save my routes, extensions and other configs?

Short answer is yes. Long answer is NOT YET. If you want to experiment, now's the time. If you're looking for a finished product that will support upgrades from Incredible PBX 13-13, then come back after Labor Day.

thecyber.ninja

Reaction score
Well first problem on a default install is with setting the admin password for the gui:

Code:
root@incrediblepbx:~# ./admin-pw-change

This script changes your admin password for FreePBX 2.11 access.

Enter new admin password (MAKE IT SECURE!!): 1234

admin password will be changed to: 1234

Press ENTER key to continue or Ctrl-C to abort...

ERROR 1406 (22001) at line 1: Data too long for column 'password_sha1' at row 1

Done. Use browser to access FreePBX at http://

It does the same thing with a more complex password than 1234 ;)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Well first problem on a default install is with setting the admin password for the gui:

Code:
root@incrediblepbx:~# ./admin-pw-change

This script changes your admin password for FreePBX 2.11 access.

Enter new admin password (MAKE IT SECURE!!): 1234

admin password will be changed to: 1234

Press ENTER key to continue or Ctrl-C to abort...

ERROR 1406 (22001) at line 1: Data too long for column 'password_sha1' at row 1

Done. Use browser to access FreePBX at http://

It does the same thing with a more complex password than 1234 ;)

Oops. Debian "improvement" strikes again. Try this and then rerun admin-pw-change. Or just log out and back in and the Automatic Update Utility will fix it for you.
Code:
sed -i 's|sha1sum`|sha1sum \| cut -f 1 -d " "`|' /root/admin-pw-change

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FYI: Release 2 will be available on SourceForge in the next couple hours. Addresses all known bugs.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Tutorial has been amended to add instructions for deploying Gmail as a Smart Host with Exim4 mail server.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you don't have one, order a $5.95 Blinkt! We'll be using it to put on a light show whenever your RasPi boots or when you receive an incoming call.
Code:
apt-get install python-blinkt

Here's some sample rainbow.py code to get you started. Just add a line to /etc/rc.local like this and reboot: /root/rainbow.py &

Attachments

• rainbow.tar.gz
    421 bytes · Views: 2
Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
All of these bug fixes are also documented in the Nerd Vittles article. But, if you're following along here, we discovered a bunch of missing files in the AGI directory. Here's the fix:
Code:
cd /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/raspi1615-agibin.tar.gz
tar zxvf raspi1615-agibin.tar.gz
rm -f raspi1615-agibin.tar.gz

Aaron Outhier

Santa's helper (subordinate Claus)
Reaction score
Hello,
I am about to set this up on a Pi 3B at home. I also have a 16.15 CentOS 7 install on Vultr. I have a DynDNS & NAT setup at home, and naturally, a static IP for Vultr.

How do I setup a secure trunk between them? I’ve seen Tutorials for this before, but I’m not sure if they 1. Match my setup, and 2. Work with 16.15 installs.

dallas

Reaction score
How do I setup a secure trunk between them? I’ve seen Tutorials for this before, but I’m not sure if they 1. Match my setup, and 2. Work with 16.15 installs.

I would recommend setting up a VPN (NeoRouter) and create a SIP trunk between them.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score

My preference is an IAX2 trunk.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Hello,
I am about to set this up on a Pi 3B at home. I also have a 16.15 CentOS 7 install on Vultr. I have a DynDNS & NAT setup at home, and naturally, a static IP for Vultr.

Nothing really has changed with regards to connecting servers. Without knowing exactly what your looking at, generally anything that worked before should be fine. VPN makes dealing with dynamic address a little easier at the asterisk level but adds another layer to manage. Dynamic dns works too.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Release 3 should be available on SourceForge by 5:30 PM EDT today. It adds support for dozens of Incredible PBX apps (news, weather, today in history, and more) plus ODBC connectivity finally thanks to @jerrm. Try dialing 222 and enter 12345 for the employee code or dial 223 and enter 335 (D-E-L) for Delta Airlines speed dial connection. Also adds support for Blinkt! You can order one here.

Last edited:

Aaron Outhier

Reaction score
Thank you Dallas for the NeoRouter tip. Not sure how I didn’t think of that.

Yes, IAX2 is probably better overall, but I should probably clarify: I don’t remember HOW to add an IAX2 trunk. I know it would be under trunks, and it would be a inter-office trunk, but beyond that, I don’t recall what to do. The cloud server is a fixed IP, son I don’t feel that I need to register that one on my home PBX - auth by IP is probably fine. However, my Home PBX will probably need to register with the Cloud PBX via user & pass, since Home is a DynDNS. Or am I off on something there??

It is the text box settings that I don’t have memorized. Does that make sense?

Last edited:

Aaron Outhier

Reaction score
If it matters (probably doesn’t), or if anyone cares, I have several IP phones at home, which connect to my home PBX, plus my iPhone and iPad, running the Groundwire app from AcroBits, which connect to the cloud PBX. Skyetel routes to my cloud PBX, so I need a way to get my calls to all of my phones.

Perhaps someday, I’ll have everything working.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Release 4 is now available. It adds Allison's Demo IVR and Stealth AutoAttendant and brings us to functional parity with the CentOS 7 release of Incredible PBX 16-15.

Outstanding issues (awaiting FreePBX module fixes) are backup and restore as well as faxing support.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.