NO JOY Raspberry with Fax Installation

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I tried installing incrediblefax13_raspi3.sh on a new install. The system itself was fine and setup with Sendmail for mail delivery. The hostname and all resolve correctly.

At the beginning of the fax install, it asks what e-mail address should faxes be delivered. That email address is now preventing Sendmail to obtain a handshake when delivering fax mail (all other mail remains fine).

In the maillog, I see the address should be from=<[email protected]>, not the to name for the mail entered at the first prompt at installation. (Substitute root@ for what ever it should be)

Anyone come across this?

Incredible PBX 12.0.74
Asterisk (Ver. 13.7.2)
Raspberry

KevinW

Reaction score
That mynetgear.com address makes me think something is happening with DNS that is overriding the entered address. I was thinking about installing fax on mine, but hadn't got around to it.

What happens if you send a test email from the command line? That's how I determined my email setup issues to get VM emails working. It had to do with non-fully qualified domain names.

Something like this should work, you may have to wait a bit for a response if the server is particular about things. I had to wait almost a minute for my first error. After fixing that one, the next tests were quick.

echo "Subject: sendmail test" | sendmail -v [email protected]

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
All e-mail functions are fine - I restored my system without the FAX installation, copied it and will try again. I did compare the install scripts on the raspberry and an older version install but nothing poked my eye. I'll try again in a few days.... thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BKhumalo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.