TIPS Raspberry Pi Network Issues

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just reran the RasPi 3 image through its paces (including new Incredible Fax install) to be sure nothing has come unglued.

Cf7io9RWQAAYI-L.jpg

Cf7jDWYVAAEs1CF.jpg

qtlnx

Reaction score
Does incredible PBX (on any platform) support a TAPI USB adapter?
Intended purpose is an IVR system connected to an incoming analog telephone line.
So far I only seen asterisk supported PCI telephony boards from Digium.

foxglove

Reaction score
I've installed the image into my new Raspberry Pi 3 and am having an issue with the lan port seeing the internet. eth0 is assigned an IP by DHCP and is accessible via SSH, but Pi doesn't see a public IP at all and has no internet connectivity at all. Nothing on the router side is blocking it, I don't think. When I installed Raspberian 8 on the Pi3 internet connectivity was immediate through eth0.

I cannot figure it out for anything. Any ideas?

ip addr results:
Code:
root@raspberrypi:~ $ ip addr
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host
2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
    link/ether b8:27:eb:b6:1b:48 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 192.168.1.141/24 brd 192.168.1.255 scope global eth0
    inet6 fe80::45fb:bac0:178a:1c05/64 scope link
3: wlan0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
    link/ether b8:27:eb:e3:4e:1d brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 172.20.20.20/24 brd 172.20.20.255 scope global wlan0
    inet6 fe80::ba27:ebff:fee3:4e1d/64 scope link
WARNING: Always run Incredible PBX VM behind a secure hardware-based firewall.

IP route:
Code:
root@raspberrypi:~ $ ip route
default via 172.20.20.1 dev wlan0
default via 192.168.1.1 dev eth0  metric 202
default via 172.20.20.1 dev wlan0  metric 303
172.20.20.0/24 dev wlan0  proto kernel  scope link  src 172.20.20.20  metric 303
192.168.1.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.1.141  metric 202
WARNING: Always run Incredible PBX VM behind a secure hardware-based firewall.

I almost wonder if it isn't trying to use the wlan0 or something to connect and not being able to? No idea.

Thank you!
foxglove

dav3m

Reaction score
I had the same problem a few weeks back, had me scratching my head and chasing firewall rules... Just turn down the wlan0 interface with "ifconfig wlan0 down" to test it out and then everything should work fine - it did for me.

If that works change it from auto to manual in /etc/network/interfaces - assuming you don't need it.

foxglove

Reaction score
I had the same problem a few weeks back, had me scratching my head and chasing firewall rules... Just turn down the wlan0 interface with "ifconfig wlan0 down" to test it out and then everything should work fine - it did for me.

If that works change it from auto to manual in /etc/network/interfaces - assuming you don't need it.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try this out over the weekend and see. I have since scrapped that box and put it back into raspberrian8 land, but I have another rpi3 coming today and I'll try it out. Overall I am really liking the pi3! Glad PIAF is on it!

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
Does the following code show a 'default via' [gatewayIP] (where gateway example here is at 254 and src points to a pi server at 64)
Code:
root@pi3:~# ip route
default via 192.168.1.254 dev eth0  metric 202
192.168.1.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.1.64  metric 202

Also the below routing table showing 254 as Up Gateway eth0
and lan 192.168.1.0 as Up also eth0
Code:
root@pi3:~# route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination  Gateway  Genmask  Flags Metric Ref  Use Iface
0.0.0.0  192.168.1.254  0.0.0.0  UG  202  0  0 eth0
192.168.1.0  0.0.0.0  255.255.255.0  U  202  0  0 eth0

Last edited:

foxglove

Reaction score

Thank you very much! I finally tried this and it worked immediately. Turning the wifi port off immediately allowed the system (which has eth0 plugged into the LAN) to see it was connected to the internet.

quick note on the auto -> manual change in interfaces - I didn't see it marked as auto in there, so I entered it as manual myself.

thanks!

matteos1

Reaction score
hi,there is a installation script of
Incredible PBX for Raspbian Jessie in one existent intallation of raspbian jessie? thank a lot

miguel

Reaction score
Hi ward happy new year! by the way to login without a usb keyboard? I thought I had one but I dont anymore, is there a way to do this via ssh?
FWIW, you don't need a monitor at all if you know the secret handshake. :chef:

With a USB keyboard and network cable attached, boot the RasPi3. Wait one minute to be sure the boot has completed and there's a login prompt. Then type pi <ENTER>, wait 5 seconds, raspberry <enter>, wait 15 seconds, press <enter>, wait 30 seconds, press <enter> again, wait 15 seconds, press <tab>, press <enter>, wait 15 seconds, press <enter>, press <tab><tab><enter><enter>. Server will reboot and you can login from SSH as root:password within 30 seconds.

RSDunn

Reaction score
Here are the steps to modify SendMail to use an existing Gmail account as a SmartHost. Log into your RasPi as root and issue the following commands:
Code section:
echo AuthInfo:smtp.gmail.com \"U:smmsp\" \"I:user_id\" \"P:password\" \"M:pLAIN\" > client-info
echo AuthInfo:smtp.gmail.com:587 \"U:smmsp\" \"I:user_id\" \"P:password\" \"M:pLAIN\" >> client-info
echo AuthInfo:smtp.gmail.com:465 \"U:smmsp\" \"I:user_id\" \"P:password\" \"M:pLAIN\" >> client-info
nano -w client-info

since smtp.gmail.com is an CNAME alias the auth never occurs since there's no match for the return smtp server...

using nslookup on smtp.gmail.com
smtp.gmail.com is a canonical name for gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com

I couldn't get sendmail to ever auth to google and ended up installing Exim4 as people provided the fix.
http://pkg-exim4.alioth.debian.org/README/exim4-config_files.5.html#/etc/exim4/passwd.client

above link provides the details of why you must know the proper DNS name of the smtp forwarder to allow the auth to occur.

If SendMail has the same ability to use a wildcard like exim then a client-info sendmail change might look like
echo AuthInfo:*.google.com \"U:smmsp\" \"I:user_id\" \"P:password\" \"M:pLAIN\" > client-info

Hope this helps other get the Gmail SMARTHOST working with TLS SMARTTLS in sendmail

RSDunn

Reaction score

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
I prefer fs2ram out of debian(raspbian) packages. Slightly different approach, but has been solid for us.

RSDunn

Reaction score
fs2ram ... sounds good. I searched the forums before I posted anything... How come nobody has brought this or any other sdcard thrashing solution(s) to the table before my addition? IMHO seems to be the right place to offer up these helpful ideas for all ...

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
It has been discussed several times.

Forum conversations often are not search friendly.

Reaction score
I have the latest Rasp pi release up and running, but some activity causes error
I am getting the following error and it is stopping Asterisk

*** Error in `/usr/sbin/asterisk': corrupted double-linked list: 0x019ac730 ***

If I do a Amportal Restart it comes backup.
Any ideas?

TirsoJRP

Reaction score
Same here, I thought it was because of all the playing I have been doing with mine.

Does it happen when you apply settings in FreePBX? Is it asterisk_safe running after you execute amportal restart?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
What are you doing and what does the Asterisk CLI show when this occurs??

dallas

Reaction score
I have just installed the latest Incredible for Rasbian Jessie (15 Sept) and I have a question about disabling some components.
1. I would like to disable Chan-SCCP as I don't have any Cisco phones.
2. As I am outside the USA I would also like to disable GV OAUTH.

Can they be turned off in the Incredible GUI?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I have just installed the latest Incredible for Rasbian Jessie (15 Sept) and I have a question about disabling some components.
1. I would like to disable Chan-SCCP as I don't have any Cisco phones.
2. As I am outside the USA I would also like to disable GV OAUTH.

Can they be turned off in the Incredible GUI?

Not in the GUI, but you can disable them in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf.

dallas

Reaction score
Not in the GUI, but you can disable them in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf.
I managed to disable chan_sccp yesterday and while testing I found that the pbxstatus still showed the module as UP.
I have found an error in the pbxstatus script.
The following code will always take the else path and show sccp as up because grep will return either 1 or 0. The -z $test will always fail.
test=`asterisk -rx "module show like sccp" | grep -c Running`
if [[ -z $test ]]; then
sccp="$DN"
else
sccp="$UP"
fi

This code is also used for these services. apache2, webmin, ssh. Fortunately the fix is easy. just remove the -c argument passed to grep.

I haven't yet figured out how to stop gvoauth and the test for it in pbxstatus just looks for the Incredible version.
test=`cat /etc/pbx/.version`
if [[ "$test" < "13-12.17" ]];

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.