Raspberry Pi backup via ftp

bjs.pdx

Reaction score
I'm new to PIAF and have just installed "Incredible PBX" on a RPi3. So far, the primary functions are working and I'd like to get a backup of the system. I have an ftp server on my network and tried sending the backup there but it doesn't seem to work. When I look at available servers, there is no way to add and FTP system so only local backup is available.

Am I missing something or does the RPi version only allow local backups? I was able to create a backup using the incrediblebackup script and used scp to copy the file to another system, but thought I'd use the built-in backup function if possible to schedule routine backups.

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
If you have not updated your system since you installed it do that first. Log on as root and when prompted to do the update press enter. There is an update there related to Backup and Restore.

After it is updated. You have to add the FTP server to the server list. When you are in the Backup and Restore menu look for the Navigation selector on the right side. The 4 dots and lines. There you will see Servers. In that menu you can add your server. Then it can be selected by your backup job.

bjs.pdx

Reaction score
If you have not updated your system since you installed it do that first. Log on as root and when prompted to do the update press enter. There is an update there related to Backup and Restore.

After it is updated. You have to add the FTP server to the server list. When you are in the Backup and Restore menu look for the Navigation selector on the right side. The 4 dots and lines. There you will see Servers. In that menu you can add your server. Then it can be selected by your backup job.

Thanks for your help. That worked perfectly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.