Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
eStore: https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-3-model-b-plus/
Info/Blog: https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-3-model-bplus-sale-now-35/

The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is the latest product in the Raspberry Pi 3 range.

• Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
  • 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
  • 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, BLE
  • Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 (maximum throughput 300 Mbps)
  • Extended 40-pin GPIO header
  • Full-size HDMI
  • 4 USB 2.0 ports
  • CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
  • DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
  • 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
  • Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
  • 5V/2.5A DC power input
  • Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support (requires separate PoE HAT)

Last edited:

hawk#1

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the new Raspberry Pi 3 B+, I just ordered one from the US amazon.com. Most of the other places are back-ordered but amazon is still shipping and mine is guaranteed delivery for Tuesday. I had not heard anything about the new board until yesterday..

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see how IPBX 13-13 or even 13-12 runs on the new B+

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
I just bought one. It should be delivered tomorrow. I'm more excited than I reasonably should be. :)
keep me updated on it the fast & speed... of CPU not wifi/rj45 but i think ill pass on this Pi... i was expecting better CPU & memory... i dont care for the wifi/rj45...

MDF247

Reaction score
I'm picking through this tutorial for setup, but can't get the 3 B+ to get past the rainbow screen. I switch the SD card over to the Pi 3 and it boots fine.

The info I've been able to dig up seems to indicate that the software/bootloader/something has not caught up with the new hardware yet.

I've run "sudo get update" and "sudo get upgrade" and that didn't help.

Any ideas? Forgive my complete and utter noobiness here please!

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
I like the fact you can now use Bluetooth and wifi at the same time. Don't forget to program the OTP usb boot bit, then put your sd cards safely away.

mattburris

Reaction score
IncrediblePBX 13-13 will not work on the Raspberry Pi 3B+ until PHP 5.6 is available for Raspbain 9.

The 3B+ will not run on Jessie. It has to have a build of Raspbain after 2018-03-13.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks, @dicko. Just confirming that Debian 9 and now Raspbian 9 are a huge can of worms. More surprises await unfortunately. :death:

TirsoJRP

Reaction score
IncrediblePBX 13-13 will not work on the Raspberry Pi 3B+ until PHP 5.6 is available for Raspbain 9.

The 3B+ will not run on Jessie. It has to have a build of Raspbain after 2018-03-13.

Seems that we need to update the Jessie image to work with the 3B+ plus.
Can someone verify this?

According to users in several sites, it works.:clap:

Last edited:

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
404 Not Found

The * is to indicate that all the stuff is there, you can use that with curl or wget , to just view the files, leave off the asterisk, but you wont need to do that if you just follow the first link to have PHP 7 and 5.6 coexist on raspian 9

Also if you have a 64 bit variant of the raspberry, you can also use this code base , you can see the supported hardware there in your browser at:-

https://packages.sury.org/php/dists/stretch/main/

Last edited:

hawk#1

Reaction score
I lucked out. I don't use any of my pi 3 b+'s for voip projects, and have not had any of the problems that have been mentioned here. Pi switch hat with remote that powers up and shuts down the Pi 3 B+ which includes a rc to make it even easier. Another project uses the Pi 3 B+ as a media center with Kodi support. I have seen some other programs that work on the Pi 3 B+, without rewriting code, so take your time and search the web.

Flash

Reaction score
Sorry to jump in but..
1) Can I clarify, do the instructions detailed here work for the Pi 3 b+ ?
2) Are there any other steps required?

3) Also, and presuming the Pi3 B+ can be used, what is the best method of changing from a working install on a standard Pi3 (Jessie) to a current version (13-13 at time of writing) on a Pi3 B+?
Would it be:
- Backup config on old Pi3
- Install new IncrediblePBX on Pi3 B+
- Load previous config on new Pi3 B+

Or just allow update scripts to run?

Flash

Last edited:

Flash

Reaction score
Hi Ozz.

Thanks. Forgive me, but your link is to this thread and its clarification I'm after. Am I correct in judging that an updated Jessie is working on RPi 3 B+, but not the Incredible PBX as yet?

Again, please forgive my stupidity...I am trying.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
updated Jessie is working on RPi 3 B+, but not the Incredible PBX as yet?
Sorry I can't be sure, but I had remembered that something was working which is why i posted that link. I have no Pi3b+ =not tried it .
so cannot comment

CoraDias

Reaction score
Hi...I don't expect a huge difference but more power and cooler is always better. It may benefit some n64 and dreamcast games though. And who knows, we may be able to overclock it a bit to get even more power.5GHz wifi is certainly a nice improvement.

turnkey pcb assembly

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just tried the 3B+ with updated code for Jessie and it doesn't work. Could be I've missed something, but I'm not sure what that would be. Looks like the actual boot fails. The updated image is now available on SourceForge, and it works fine with older RasPi models.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.